Forums are back in action! ×

Pain in forearms

So today I returned to playing squash after about a week and a half of doing basically no exercise, and threw myself in at the deep end (for me at least) with some pretty intense matches.

Yet when I returned home I found that whenever I tried to clench my fists or grip things I would get a pain along my forearms (both, which surprised me, if it was from squash I would have thought it would only be along my right arm).

The pain has more or less gone now but I was wondering if you guys had any idea what could have caused it, if it was just the sudden return to more vigorous use or am I missing something entirely?

And while we're on the subject, any ways of strengthening wrists?

I use to get a lot of cramps in my arms and it was from the way I slept if you have one arm above head or under pillow it could cause it, but after I stopped that it stopped. Even though I got a lot of pain now from hitting my heavy bag for over an hour last week lol kind of killing my workouts right now! let me know how this works out for you.

Orpheus' Toughmudder log || Facebook

“Those who dream by day are cognizant of many things that escape those who dream only at night.â€

Edgar Allan Poe

Forearms are an extremely sympathetic muscle group; pain from one can affect the other, because it needs to compensate for the weakness you created.

Rather than jumping in head first, you're better off working up slowly back to the level of play you used to enjoy.

As for wrist strengthening, it's not really necessary unless it's limiting your strength otherwise, which is very rare. Just exercise properly and your wrists should be fine.

Why must I put a name on the foods I choose to eat and how I choose to eat them? Rather than tell people that I eat according to someone else's arbitrary rules, I'd rather just tell them, I eat healthy. And no, my diet does not have a name.My daily battle log!