Forums are back in action! ×

Eat more protein...

Guest Snake McClain

Time to get rid of the dog. :) His food is probably costing you too much.

All kidding aside, being divorced will always put a huge financial burden on you. Glad to see you manning up and working through it.

Honestly, I would skip the protein shake mix. It is expensive, and on your budget all of your money should be spent on real food.

For Collin....I will level up my life with the lessons you taught me

My attempt at a blog: just54days.wordpress.com

Battle Log: http://nerdfitness.com/community/showthread.php?5775-MacNip-s-Growing-Up-(Hopefully)

Guest Snake McClain

Honestly, I would skip the protein shake mix. It is expensive, and on your budget all of your money should be spent on real food.

More or less how I feel at this time.

Regarding the divorce though honestly it wasn't an expensive process and i am not owing anything. Just half that income is gone now and actually the pay of my entire department at work got split in half this year too so it sort of killed me at the worst time possible. Honestly though I love my life and without the negatives bringing me down (my ex) i feel great about what I have and where things are going so all is well. just trying to find the best food for the least money.

Deer season is coming up soon, but I don't have a gun or access to it. Actually I have a .22 rifle but you can't hunt with that legally or very effeciently (from what I understand). I have considered the deer thing though. Would love to have a deer stored up but i'm not sure i want to eat so much red meat all the time. Still it is tasty. Also i've never been hunting and It would be rough on me to kill soemthing unless I had to for survival and as it is I don't. Maybe I'm a wimp but it would be hard to do that.

.22 is good enough for small game, rabbits, squirrels, marmots and similar animals. Might check into hunting or shooting clubs or big game hunting guides or gun ranges, many will help a new hunter by loaning them a rifle for a season. As to killing something, as long as you know or learn what to do to prepare the meat properly I don't think it's that difficult. Never really easy but not really hard either.

Oogie McGuire

Black Sheep Shepherdess

STR 4.25 | DEX 4.5 | STA 3.75 | CON 3 | WIS 4.75 | CHA 1

Guest Snake McClain

.22 is good enough for small game, rabbits, squirrels, marmots and similar animals. Might check into hunting or shooting clubs or big game hunting guides or gun ranges, many will help a new hunter by loaning them a rifle for a season. As to killing something, as long as you know or learn what to do to prepare the meat properly I don't think it's that difficult. Never really easy but not really hard either.

I mean to say it is not legal to use rifles in hunting around here. Has to be a shotgun. Last I heard anyway. and again my problem with killing isn't the ability it's the not wanting to personally be the one to kill the animal.

I mean to say it is not legal to use rifles in hunting around here. Has to be a shotgun. Last I heard anyway.

I just checked and Indiana allows archery, rifles, shotguns and muzzle loading firearms with varying seasons and locations for varying game animals. In fact for some of your game a rifle is required just like it is here. There are a few places where archery is all that is allowed though.

Of course that doesn't solve the not willing to kill your own animal problem but at least you know that the weapons are allowed. :)

I just got back in from target shooting. Of course I scared away the multiple large bucks doing it but I didn't want to take a shot on a deer when I haven't fired the rifle in months. I'm comfortable now and hopefully the deer will come back again tomorrow. My tag is a private land only tag so I can only hunt on our own property.

Oogie McGuire

Black Sheep Shepherdess

STR 4.25 | DEX 4.5 | STA 3.75 | CON 3 | WIS 4.75 | CHA 1