Forums are back in action! ×

Former Marine and getting back in shape!

Hey guys! I've been roaming th site and decided to join.

Im a former active duty Marine that completed my service back in July 2014. Since then, I've gained 35-40 pounds. Depends on the day.

Between getting out and eating whatever I felt like, and having a family, working long hours and very little sleep, the pounds have been packing on.

I'm 5'8" and currently 215lbs. at my best in the marines, I was 165, tho on average I was 180. I'd like to go back to 180 and feel as Good as I Did then.

-"6 packs aren't made in all you can eat buffets" 

Well it turns out I have a lot of reading to do between challengers, main quests and life quests and stuff.

I plan on getting to my goal following the Scout's path mostly, since I would love to get my running endurance bacm. I'm switching gym workout times to the morning To give me more freedom (Don't expect many people there at 5 am). I'll be able to mix in some body weight circuit training. I also used to be able to do 16 pull ups at a time, and now I can only muster 4 measly pull ups. I'll be working on sets daily.

The biggest adjustment tho is food. I need to stop eating crap. I had pizza twice today and Cookies too. My spouse is going to have a hard time with me eating better but I refuse to be overweight anymore. I want to follow the peleo diet not only because of it's benefits but because it simplifies my meals greatly.

Long story short, here are some Personal quests I have in mind, I'll have to sort them out to love quests and stuff later after I read more.

1. Eat healthier, slowly converting into a paleo diet. (I want to be full paleo diet in about a month.)

2. Complete 3 mile run (I used to run 22 minute 3 miles! now I can't even do 2 miles).

3. Regain back strength and complete 15 pull ups (mid March?)

4. Go back to size 36 waist, medium shirts. (I Don't want to get big, like warriors, I want to lean out. I always was an athlete)

being in the Marines it was easy to stay in shape. If you're not, you're in trouble. Once you get out tho, there hardly seems a reason and it was too easy to lose my way.

I'll atop yammering!

-"6 packs aren't made in all you can eat buffets"