Forums are back in action! ×

Movember!

i'm running a 5K to benefit colon cancer research! both of my grandmothers passed away from colon cancer when i was young, so hoping to prevent others from missing out on their special gammy time.

only set a $50 fundraising goal... um, no pressure, but if anyone wants to donate to a good cause, maybe make it this one. :)http://events.getyourrearingear.com/site/TR?px=1041740&fr_id=1072&pg=personal

also, 'stache pics!! love me some mustaches.

...we, each of us, are responsible for our own fulfillment. Nobody else can provide it for us, and to believe otherwise is to delude ourselves dangerously and to program for eventual failure every relationship we enter. - Tom Robbins

Current Challenge: Life, man.

But according to Tom Tucker, it tickles, only slightly :P

It was my understanding that the charitable donations are indeed supposed to be bribes to shave the damn thing off once November ends though :P

Why must I put a name on the foods I choose to eat and how I choose to eat them? Rather than tell people that I eat according to someone else's arbitrary rules, I'd rather just tell them, I eat healthy. And no, my diet does not have a name.My daily battle log!

wow andygates, that's a sweet handlebar!

I'm doing Movember too...a couple years ago I managed to persuade Brett at artofmaniness.com to run a Movember campaign, and it went really well, so we did it again the next year - we raised nearly $40,000 in the first 2 years. This is the third year we're doing it and so far (end of day 1) we're up to $3700!

I'm still trying to work out what 'stache to sport this year. I've done the Motorhead and a slightly smaller version of George Michael...thinking of maybe trying out the Clark Gable this year or possibly the Tom Seleck...I'm open to other options if anyone wants to make a suggestion (remember I've only got 30 days to do it though, so I won't be able to catch @andygates!)

[ATTACH=CONFIG]987[/ATTACH]

post-135-13567243184772_thumb.jpg

BAREFOOT DAWSY

Scout Commander (ret.)

It takes a very particular man to pull off a mustache. Most guys are not that man. :P

I think 'staches on men are a lot like wearing the right cut of jeans with the ladies You just have to find the one that works for you. Also, many men could benefit from some proper moustache and beard grooming equipment and products! (Oh man, the first time Dio combed out and waxed his beard and 'stash it was glorious!)

Also, for inspiration!

I tried to persuade my female friends to do a no-shave November...I dont know who freaked out more..them or the men in theirs/my lives lol.

<-- Behold the Guardian of the Royal Throne, enter if you dare.....

"What lies behind us and what lies before us is nothing compared to what lies within us"~Ralph Waldo Emerson

"I've had to fight like hell, and fighting like hell has made me what I am"~ John Arbuthnot Fisher

"Every man dies, not every man really lives"-~Braveheart