Forums are back in action! ×

New Recruit, Ready for Action!

Howdy everyone, I'm Jes! I love graphic novels, superman, and reading science fiction and fantasy. I love Doctor Who, Star Wars, Star Trek, and Harry Potter, to name a few. I also enjoy knitting and sewing. 

I used to be the type of girl who never had to worry about her weight. In high school (almost ten years ago, I was 95lbs and ate whatever I wanted. I always thought I was pretty healthy since I was so tiny. Now I know that is far from the truth.

I have never been athletic, never been involved with sports, and since I was in marching band, I never even had to take PE in high school. To be honest, I never really known how to work out. I joined the Navy (almost) 7 years ago. In boot camp we were taken to do PT, but it was alway focused on passing out PRT's and not actually working out for true fitness. 

Now, at 27, I've been struggling with my weight, fitness, and what I see in the mirror for several years. I maxed out at 158lbs (I've 5'2) a month or two ago, and realized I needed to make some major changes. I've started eating clean (as in no processed foods, no added salt, sugar, eating as naturally as possible) the past few weeks, and I'm loving it. I feel more energetic and have dropped to 150lbs.

I recently joined a gym and am looking to develop a workout routine that I truly enjoy. I am most interested in strength training, and am also looking to build up my endurance and stamina. I would love to get to the point where I can walk up stairs without breathing heavy. 

The main reason I decided to join the rebellion is for accountability and a sense of community my fitness journey. I also am really interested in the 6 week challenges and plan to start my first one this coming Monday. I'm considering joining the Academy as well, but I'm not sure if I'm ready to make the financial commitment yet. I plan to see how I like the community first and then make a decision.

My goals:

• Get to a healthy weight (I'm thinking about 130lbs)
  • Develop a workout routine and stick to it
  • Hit the gym 3 times a week (45 mins)
  • Learn how to lift weights
  • Maintain a healthy, clean diet.
  • Run another 5k (Eventually I like to run a marathon as well as a Spartan Race and Tough Mudder)
  • Pump out 30 push ups (realistically I'm at about 5)
  • Manage a Pull up
  • Run 1.5 miles in 13 mins (without dying)

While these are the goals I currently have in mind, I'm sure in the future they'll change and morph as I do. I'm really excited to start this quest and look forward to meeting and hanging out with yall in the process!

• Like 1

AislinnEdana -- Level 0 Maenad Recruit

STR 0| DEX 0| STA 0| CON 0| WIS 0| CHA 0

Adventure Journal

Hey! I noticed that you said you wanted to run a Tough Mudder. That's one of my big goals, too! I've been able to do 5K obstacle courses, but I don't have it in me yet to do the full twelve miles of doom and awesomeness. 

What's your general location? Maybe we could online train together and do one in 2016 (or at the end of 2015 if you're feeling super confident about it). 

-S t a r . R u b y -

HEROES NEVER DIE

heatherallyse

I've done one 5k obstacle course... but I would love to get a few more under my belt. My last (and first, obviously) was probably 3 years ago... way to long!! I would love train online together and knock out Tough Mudder out! That would be pretty cool. I'm in San Diego, CA. You?

AislinnEdana -- Level 0 Maenad Recruit

STR 0| DEX 0| STA 0| CON 0| WIS 0| CHA 0

Adventure Journal

Heyla Aislinn!  WELCOME!!  Love your goals!  You found a fantastic place to help reach them!  I'm getting ready to do a obstacle course as well.  Would love to follow along to see your journey!  

Level 4 Demon/Assassin

We Can't All Be The Hero.

STR:6  DEX:7 STA:8  CON:5  WIS:8 CHA:2

"No power in the 'verse can stop me." River