Forums are back in action! ×

Hello everyone I am excited to be here and looking forward to the 6 week challenge that starts Monday.

I am an active duty military member so you would think I have a handle on being physically fit, but sometimes just the military life style will derail us.  In 2013 I left one duty station to attend a school for a few months, then I transferred to another school and finally in 2014 I arrived at my new duty station, but that isn't the end.  Since arriving at my new duty station I have attended 3 out of state schools and took time off to travel home because a family situation.   So my normal routines are shot, I really haven't made new friends here (yet!) and all of my work out buddies are far away.  I think the Nerd Fitness community will help fill these gaps for me.

My goals are to lose 30lbs, take the first steps to get a dive qualification (military not civilian), improve my eating habits. 

Now that I will be at my command regularly I will participate in group fitness 4 days a week, these are good workouts but they are meant for a large group and aren't always challenging for me.  So I want to add a second workout after work plus a Saturday workout. I need to be swimming at least twice a week because the first step to a dive qualification is getting a second class swim qualification which consists of 100 yard swim demonstrating 25 yards each of the craw, breast, side and back stroke.  On paper the qualification is not hard but the instructors are very picky about the technical expertise of each stroke and mine need a lot of polish. 

I am looking forward to hearing about your goals and motivating each other.

Talk to you soon

Jinx

• Like 1