Forums are back in action! ×

Starting this Challenge. For real this time. - Abby

Hi everyone,

My name is Abby and I am on a quest. I've been trying to lose weight for the past 1.5 years. I have only managed to put more on.  Even with lifestyle and diet changes, my body did not like the change from being an active college student to working at a desk all day and coming home to a small apartment with no outdoor space. 

I've decided to start in earnest. During tax season, I know that I can't go to the gym, because I work too much. But, I need the motivation to work out on my own, wherever I am.

Main Quest

• My main quest is to lose 30 pounds overall.  (10 pounds over the next 6 week challenge.)

Mini-Quests:

• I will work out at least 20 minutes 3 times each week.
  • I will control my portion sizes to stay under my recommended daily calorie goal using MyFitnessPal.

Life Quest:

• I will have a quiet, meditative time at least 3 times per week. 

Motivation:

• To move away from the danger of developing diabetes
  • To be able to exercise again without feeling like a cow on rollerskates.
  • To fit into my clothes again!
  • To feel healthy, fit, and energized. 
  • To eliminate my chronic knee pain.

Thanks for your support!

Abby

My 1st Challenge

"I am more sinful and flawed than I ever dared believe, but I am more accepted and loved than I ever dared hope." - Tim Keller 

Good luck! I'm assuming since you mention tax season you have a job that has to do with it - and I feel your pain! I know it's about to get hectic in a week, so am trying to get in as much as I can - on the plus, I found once I was able to get into a proper schedule (and got past the first bit of just being exhausted from doing so much) that my body calmed down and I got way more energy! I should try some of that meditation, I'm sure it would help.

Level 2 Wood Elf Scout

(Current) Challenge #2