Forums are back in action! ×

One more for the front lines.

Greetings from the Australian Rebellion.

I'm Mitch, a 19 year old uni student in Melbourne, VIC.

Before i get to the relevant stuff, a bit about me.. I'm a gamer, Played WoW for about 4 years through high school before breaking the addiction (so far) this february. I'm currently very excited about Assassin's Creed: Revelations (Parkour!!) and The Elder Scrolls: Skyrim. I play the piano, sing some, and play the drums.. although my band has split up after graduating high school and going our separate ways. I love Lord of the Rings, Batman, Christopher Nolan's Movies, Robert Jordan's Wheel of Time Series, and am currently reading George R. R. Martin's A Game of Thrones, Which i picked up after watching the amazing TV show.

I've been going to a gym since the beginning of last year, and haven't really seen any noticeable changes, so when i stumbled upon Nerd Fitness last weekend it seemed like the greatest thing ever. Finally an exercise community i actually want to be part of :P

I'm currently typing this while experiencing so much muscle pain from my workout yesterday.. i've spent the whole day walking around with a bit of a limp tbh. But its a good pain.

As for my battle plans, I've never really been that overweight and i've never really been skinny... I'm about 6'2", 85kg (185lb - i think) just more squishy than i would like.. generally unfit... bit mooby, not strong.. which in turn has affected my self confidence and self esteem a bit.

But not anymore. Now it's all gonna change. I've started just this week working through new compound exercises (If anyone has any tips for getting the deadlift right, i'd love to hear them), inverted rows and assisted pull ups, and the pain of the last few days has actually motivated me even more..

I've also managed to cut out a large portion of my liquid calories (which have always been a killer) and lowered my portion sizes... I really want to tone up and lower my body fat percentage, although at the moment its hard to quantify as i don't know my body fat %...

So far my plan is, lose weight and build muscle over the coming summer holidays, (Hopefully i don't take too long to get my summer body rockin' :P) and then come next year with the start of a new semester, join up for a martial arts class, Probably Aikido.

And that's me.. If there are any other Melbourner's around (I'm at Monash Clayton Campus) feel free to message me. If anyone here has done any martial arts and knows anything about Aikido and what it's like, give me a bell.. I'm also looking for some cheap easy (relatively) paleo meals.. i can stir fry pretty easily but i struggle with eating the same thing every day. Other than that, i'd love to chat, it's mid exam season for me and i could do with a good form of procrastination

Viva la Rebelión!

Mitch S - Level 4 Scientist Adventurer

Wielding The Slightly Pointed Lute of Power and Dented Roman Helmet
STR :11 DEX :5 STA :7 CON :8.5 WIS :8 CHA :7
My first challenge : An Adventurer Underwater

My second challenge : Electric Boogaloo

Challenge Number 3 : On the Run
“Pray for rain all you like, but dig a well as you do it.†- Steven King The Dark Tower

Hi Mitch! I just joined the Rebellion myself. I was a WOW player for years as well, and I'm into several games that are out or will be out soon.

Congratulations on deciding to join the Rebellion and take controll of your fitness! I'll be working toward the same.

Joe

Life is full of hard times and good times. Learn from everything you can.

Swinging_Jarnbjorn: Lv 1 Asgardian Ranger

Focus Up! My current challenge.

Loss As A Motivator