Forums are back in action! ×

Good Morning and Good Night!

Hello everyone. Quite obviously, I'm new here. I found this website recently in search of motivation to lose the weight that I'm slowly piling on and really enjoyed the style of the writing and thought I'd go ahead and join the forum.

The basics? I'm 27 years old. I'm from Manchester, NH. I'm married. I'm currently employed as a security guard for an investments firm.

The more complicated stuff? I got out of the Air Force reserves about a year ago. That is when I began to gain weight. I got lazy about going to the gym, and even when I went my eating was too poor for it to matter.

I got off the couch about two months ago with the intention of fixing that, and within a few weeks managed to tighten up the IT band on my left leg so much that I've spent the last month doing physical therapy. One week of that left, and then it's back to it.

I think I'll start off slower this time and begin with the beginner body-weight exercise circuits that I've read on this site and maybe some cycling intervals on other days.

Anyway, that's about it. If there was a baggage smiley I would be using it right now. Thanks!

Brendan's Workout Log

"You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life."

- Winston Churchill