Forums are back in action! ×

Seriousleigh 3.0

So this is my second respawn and thus my third Nerd Fitness life used. Also I turned 30 on the 1st so there's that too :P So here's the bugs that I found in my life code from first and second NF lives:

Life 1

updates: 

"Work Hours" changed from 09:00-16:00 to 12:00-21:00 resulting in a critical fail when Seriousleigh.app tries to use the "Go To Gym" command. Debugging discovered that this is a direct conflict between the values assigned to "Free Time" and the "Hours of Operation" variables assigned to Gym.app

A corrupted file in the Right Hand object also resulted in a complete and total application crash when the player tried to use the "Lift" command. A Senior Developer (Doctor) removed this function until it could be properly debugged and a safe and tested patch could be installed to repair the issue.

Life 2

updates:

"Work location" shifted from the East server to the Central server and the "Work Hours" file changed again to 09:45-17:00 and with the move to the new server several minor travel and timing conflicts arose with the "Free Time" and "Hours of Operation" variables once again. Shifting the "Go To Gym" command to be active on weekends seemed to partially solve the issue, although several minor errors still occurred on weekdays.

In Early December a sudden forced update to "Work Hours" to 05:00-13:00 resulted in a serious critical failure in the "Bed Time" command and resulted in Seriousleigh.app being infected with the "Zombie Shuffle" virus during "Free Time" for several weeks.

CanadianWinter.app was put into play resulting in major complications to the "Travel" commands as a result of "Hell Froze Over" (-28C + windchill for almost two months!) weather commands and "2 Feet of Snow Overnight" and a complete stop to the "Plow The Paved Path To The Bus Station" commands.

Developers took a much needed Holiday break and accidentally set the  boolean values for EatHealthy and GetEnoughSleep to false for several weeks.

When the developers returned to work they accidentally changed all the unhealthy false boolean values to true resulting in corrupted data in the Left Wrist file on the second use of the "Go To Gym" command resulting in a Senior Developer needing to shut down the "Lift" and "Move" commands to the Left Hand object.

Birthday.exe went live on February 1st and Seriousleigh.app was relocated to the "Wooohoooo!" folder for a weekend and then was moved to the "Oh Shit I Am Now An Adult For Real" folder and due to unforeseen complication of the new file location an almost endless "Sleep", "Work", "Dragon Age Inquisition" loop was set into motion until the "Dragon Age Inquisition" command was able to finish thus breaking the loop.

Life 3

updates:

Seriousleigh.app has full access to both the Left Wrist and Right Hand files and developers have increased the values of WalkingSpeed and Stability to protect against the file corruption caused by "Hell Froze Over".

A direct correlation between failure rates and the amount of active "Form New Habits" commands has been discovered and Seriousleigh.app has had the allowable uses of "Form New Habits" command dropped to a maximum of 2 uses every Challenge.

So there you have it! I'm going to attempt to try and form a maximum of two new healthy habbits for each challenge this year and I refuse to try for more than that until the year is over. Seriousleigh.app is VERY prone to crashing when too much CPU power is devoted to commands and since the whole point of being here is to become healthy and stay healthy preferably for the rest of my life, the less program crashes I force the better. :)

Wish me Luck!

P.S. I took Game Development in college for 3 years >_> my sad, lonely little code monkey is rearing her head and making me nerd out a bit with the format of this post >_>; I really should try and get back into programming... maybe make a silly app for my phone that reminds me to do something smart everyday or something...

• Like 1