Forums are back in action! ×

Where to even begin...

I've been reading Nerd Fitness for a little over a year now, and while the articles are always informative and motivating, I have finally decided to jump into the community and see if the support and sharing of information can help me finally stay on track with the fitness lifestyle I've always wanted.

When I was in high school, I was the shortest, scrawniest and one of the most timid guys in my class.  My freshman year of college (10 years ago), I suddenly started growing, putting on weight, and gained about 50 pounds in about 2 years.  My weight has fluctuated between 250 and 220 the past few years, and I can't seem to get past the plateau I am at right now.  I am 6 feet, 220 lbs currently, and would like to lose a lot of fat that I have from my poor eating habits since college.

I ran cross country in high school and a few road races since then, nothing to impressive, but it is something I would like to continue to do in addition to body weight and barbell strength training.  Something I am looking to try, hopefully in the summer, is a Spartan or Tough Mudder race.  Obstacle course racing and training seems like it will help me reach my health and fitness goals, but more importantly, it just seems freaking fun!

My main area of concern right now is nutrition, and in other forums and threads I will have plenty of quesitons and hopefully plenty of answers and guidance to help me stay on track.

Looking forward to hearing from all you experienced and new rebels out there!

Welcome to the Rebellion!!!!

If you find that being part of a group and having deadlines helps motivate you, take a look at the 6-week challenges (started today!!). 

Level 63 Human ... Oath of Ancients Paladin

"We are better than we know, if we can be made to see it, [then] for the rest of our lives, we'll be unwilling to settle for less."  - Kurt Hahn

STR: 14 | DEX: 14| CON: 17 | INT: 17 | WIS: 17 | CHA: 14

The SIde Tracked Quest (rough draft)