Forums are back in action! ×

MyProtein? Which flavours the best?

I'm hoping that there are some guys out there who use this site and I was wondering which flavour you liked?

Also, whats the real difference between the 'Impact Whey Protein', the 'Impact Whey Isolate' and the 'True Whey'?

I mean, what makes them different from each other and makes them increasingly more expensive?

I've been using MyProtein for ages. I don't get any of the flavoured ones because a) they're much more expensive, B) they're easy to flavour yourself (Nesquik) and c) with the unflavoured ones if you get sick of a particular flavour you can just swap it for another one.

I buy the unflavoured 5kg bags and mix it with water, an egg, and a good scoop of nesquik. Good shake, mixes well, nice and creamy and tastes good. You just can't beat the price and the service is excellent.

Also very good value is their Almond Butter. 1kg for £10? Can't go wrong.

And just as a tip: use their price beating service. Last time I ordered, putting in www.ironscience.co.uk gave you about 3 or 4 quid off a bag of protein.

Thats damn useful to know, get unflavoured and make it taste how I want...

I did get some samples of the cheap stuff, banana and choc wern't great, strawberry was ok, and I havn't tried the vanilla yet...

Do you guys prefer to mix with water or milk? (I tried mixing the choc with water and its put me off...)

And im guessing almond butter is like peanut butter?

I buy the 100% whey isolate because it doesn't have filler. Trying to make every calorie count. I also check the BCAA content which I try use to flood flood muscle post workout. I see that you have a lot of questions. Asking haphazard questions as they come to mind is one way to do it. A better way in my opinion is to get the baseline knowledge through a good book on fundamentals of the science of nutrition. Here's my suggestion:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Optimum-Sports-Nutrition-Michael-Colgan/dp/0962484059/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1320514888&sr=8-1

A great fundamental primer for 2#s used.

Also I like vanilla and I mix 1 scoop with 8oz fat-free milk/24oz water. So I get 4 cups of water with every scoop of protein.

i don't care what u think of me. unless u think i'm awesome. in which case u're right.

Intro - Workout Log - ABS Log - Fitness Philosophy - Accountability - NERDEE - Weight Maintenance