Forums are back in action! ×

Workout music and headphones

jdanger's playlist looks almost exactly like mine. Sometimes it depends on what my routine is though, I might stray from the heavier stuff to something a bit more musically inclined like Muse or WolfMother.

As for headphones, I'm still looking for a good pair that won't fall out or die from too much ear sweat. I actually killed my headset ear phones that came with my phone by sweating directly onto the mic. Woops...

You ever see those guys who look like they totally used to be in shape?
I'm working to get back to that...

For music while running, I need to listen to music with a decent pace and lyrics. Actually listening to the words of a song is a great distraction.

As for the headphones, you can get sport ones that actually hang over your ear so as not to fall off. Super important though, make sure to get one with different sized earpieces (the squishy part that actually goes into your ear). Works way better.

"Life isn't about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself."

Current challenge: My 2012 Secret Agent Mission

Nothing on purpose. The robo gym music is playing of course (though 1 Y I used had a "bring you own music" policy which was great). I like to lift to the sound of rattling plates, thumping dumpbells and groaning lifters. Skip the music.

Warriors don't count reps and sets. They count tons.

My psychologist weighs 45 pounds, has an iron soul and sits on the end of a bar

Tally Sheet for 2019

Encouragement for older members: Chronologically Blessed Group;

Encouragement for newbie lifters: When we were weaker

Personally, I listen to Drum and Bass for running almost exlusively. Have a few hour long mix sets from the internet that i cycle through so i don't run to the exact same mix every time. 170-180 bpm is supposedly the best tempo to run to according to several different sources including runners world. mixes include tracks from lots of different artists, but for someone not into dnb to begin with i'd reccomend starting off with stuff from Pendulum. good group to ease your way over from typical rock/pop into the electronic scene.

For lifting, just about anything hard/heavy/aggressive. have a huge assortment of metal, alternative, rap, dubstep, and various other stuff on my droid's sd card, and just put it on random. if a song doesn't "work" for the workout, skip to the next and keep on lifting.