Forums are back in action! ×

Gonna get fit! You gotta deal with it!

Hello world! I'm the avatar, and I'm gonna bring balance... to... myself? 

Maybe I'm not quite as confident as Korra is (or pretends to be), but I'm definitely ready for a change in my life. An actual name people call me in real life is Hanna, and I'm a fantasy literature enthusiast and casual gamer, lover of rock climbing and adventure, "career-what-career" Canadian queer drifter paying respects to my roots with a semi-nomadic lifestyle. I think I've finally found a home (for now) on the West Coast, but I won't be able to move for another two months or so. I love Avatar and Captain America, and LotR and and and I love a lot of things. 

I just finished university, and while the stress-pressure cooker is now a thing of the past, the weight it left me with is not. While I've dropped about 10lbs (possibly more, we're unsure due to a lack of accurate measurements from that time), I'm aiming for more. I want to be fit enough to pursue my highly ambitious climbing goals over the next two years, and that means being at a much lower body fat %. Which means my goal is to go from 26% to 20-21%, and use all of that lost weight to get better at climbing. 

In the past, I've had issues with anxiety and depression, so although on paper my life looks fairly successful, often I feel a lot more like a failure and undeserving of my list of accomplishments, especially on days when I can't seem to make myself get out of bed or take care of myself. Fortunately, things have been better lately (a lot better!), and I like feeling that I have some agency in dealing with these issues. 

I'm an eternal optimist, I like seeing people succeed and being able to help them out along the way with encouragement and a lot of psych. NerdFitness has been great for that, and I've been hanging around the boards and seeing how generally stoked people are to be getting better and getting fitter, and I've been inspired to join all of you and get to work! 

• Like 1

Level 1 Human Avatar

STR 2 || CON 2 || DEX 1 || WIS 2 || STA 0 || CHA 1

Current Challenge

"Be patient and tough; some day this pain will be useful to you." - Ovid

YYYEEEEESSS!!! xD Welcome Korra. I HAD TO STOP IN AND SAY HELLO BC I ABSOLUTELY LOVE ALL THINGS AVATAR! xD (except of course anything to do w/ blue people or m. night. suckymalan).

Anyhoo, I look forward to seeing you start and kick booty at your NF goals. :-) Will you be participating in this 6 week challenge? I like how ambitious you are as I hold myself to high standards as well. Your "semi-nomadic" lifestyle also speaks to me as I am a traditional air nomad. ;) As far as the anxiety and depression, you are not alone. <3 One of the best things about the rebellion is that it is full of people who can relate and sincerely care enough to help you stay motivated! Great job at taking action to keep progressing toward the light! Yay optimism! :D

Post a link here to your challenge thread if you make one. And don't worry about "balance" yet, cause that's not until book 4! :D (hahaha a lil avatar humor for you...I'm not very good at coming up with jokes...) xD Talk to you soon Avatar Korra!

• Like 1

Welcome! There are others here that deal with anxiety, including myself, so you're not alone. Fitness does wonders for it. Let us know how we can help. 

"It's always the ones that don't do anything that try to bring you down" - Henry Rollins

"There is no meantime, there is only now" - The Ditty Bops

Trail Blazing Elf Ranger Sumdawgtwigg Level 3  STR-3 DEX-4 STA-4 CON-3 WIS-5 CHA-2

Fitocracy

My Game Blog

DO IT CHALLENGE!

YYYEEEEESSS!!! xD Welcome Korra. I HAD TO STOP IN AND SAY HELLO BC I ABSOLUTELY LOVE ALL THINGS AVATAR! xD (except of course anything to do w/ blue people or m. night. suckymalan).

Anyhoo, I look forward to seeing you start and kick booty at your NF goals. :-) Will you be participating in this 6 week challenge? I like how ambitious you are as I hold myself to high standards as well. Your "semi-nomadic" lifestyle also speaks to me as I am a traditional air nomad. ;) As far as the anxiety and depression, you are not alone. <3 One of the best things about the rebellion is that it is full of people who can relate and sincerely care enough to help you stay motivated! Great job at taking action to keep progressing toward the light! Yay optimism! :D

Post a link here to your challenge thread if you make one. And don't worry about "balance" yet, cause that's not until book 4! :D (hahaha a lil avatar humor for you...I'm not very good at coming up with jokes...) xD Talk to you soon Avatar Korra!

Six week challenge is here! It's been good so far, but it's only day 3 and I have a lot to go! 

Considering that I'm pretty much at the level of little baby Korra, I think I'm only five minutes into book one! But she gets super badass eventually, and that's the goal here!

Welcome! There are others here that deal with anxiety, including myself, so you're not alone. Fitness does wonders for it. Let us know how we can help. 

Everybody here has been super welcoming and positive! I admit I've been nervous about posting (it's a new social situation, even if it's just the internet), but how positive this place is has really helped and I feel pretty empowered right now. Thank you so much for your offer, and I'll be sure to take you up on it :)

• Like 1

Level 1 Human Avatar

STR 2 || CON 2 || DEX 1 || WIS 2 || STA 0 || CHA 1

Current Challenge

"Be patient and tough; some day this pain will be useful to you." - Ovid