Forums are back in action! ×

Cycling Mimi is ready to roll!

Hi! I honestly can't remember if I've ever actually posted an introductory thread about myself here. So I figured I'd do one now. :cat:

I'm 44, but my 45th birthday is coming up very soon. I've never been married & have no children, but I do have a ginger cat named Dublin, & he's spoiled & much loved. I say he's way too sweet to be rotten, & he really is a darling. I have places where I can talk about him a lot, but this won't really be one of them. He'll be mentioned here once in a while, but not obsessively. :)

The beautiful eastern Fraser Valley is my home, & it's beautiful! There are lots of places for exercising of various kinds, as well as a lot of sources of fresh food. I've lived in my current town for over 8 years, over 6 in my current home. Dublin came to live with me just over 2 months after I moved in here.

Currently I'm unemployed, but I am looking for work. I'm trying to find a job that will take me to retirement. So hopefully soon!

I like Nerd Fitness. I first came here on 31 May 2014, but I never really participated until recently. I was looking for the Angry Birds workout because I wanted to try it, & I have. Then I found out about the current site-wide challenge that'll take us 'til 5 April, & that came at a really good time. So I've been active since this past Monday - 23 February. Yesterday, I found out about a walking challenge - Starts 23 Feb 2015:PVP - Walkers!  - PVP Challenges. You can check out the link if interested. I joined it as well.

Cycling is my favourite of all exercises, & I also love to swim & to hike & to walk, & I want to get into running when I've lost a bit of weight as a free way of cross training for my cycling.

I do 8 tickets left for the local rec centre, & I have no objection to going to the gym, but it's not my favourite thing to do. However, that's an option that I'm keeping in mind for something different sometimes.

As far as where I'm heading, I want to be able to bike for at least 100 km at a time, if not 100 miles. I want to go down at least 4 to 6 clothing sizes - down to a size 12 - & to be down to 64 kg, which is 141lb 1.5337oz. If I go up a little bit after reaching that place, I won't complain. I've been well over 90 kg, which is a little under 200 pounds, for a long, long time, & I'm tired of it. My first goal is to reach 90 kg again. Then I'll figure out my next goal & go from there.

Some people say that I should shoot for a single digit as far as my clothing size goes, but I know that I'd be underweight & too thin if I did that. I have been a size 12 when I was 18, & even back then, I was starting to get too thin. So now, since I'm 27 years older, it'd be even more true. I know myself, & I know that for me to get down to even a size 14 again will be a wonderful thing. I'll be celebrating each milestone - getting back to 90 kg, being a size 16, cycling 20 km without stopping, for example - as they come because that helps. It's great to have larger goals, & the smaller ones in between starting & finishing are great helps in reaching them. :onthego:

• Like 2

Hi and welcome!

I love kitties!! :D  We have twin white kitties names Kerrigan and Finnegan (they are are "children", haha) and they too are spoiled... that seems to be a constant among lovely kitties. ;)

I love that your goals are so realistic.  Strong at any size is healthy, and you know your body best!!  And milestones are great to celebrate, progress is important and so validating that what you're doing is working!

Good luck with your goals and WELCOME!! :D :D

• Like 1

Tell me, if you had the strength to take another step, could you do it?

Level ?? Bard & Monk of the Furious Heart

STR.55  DEX.43 STA.48 CON.51 WIS.53 CHA.65

Hi, Shaarawy! Thanks for your comment. Sorry for not acknowledging it sooner - I just saw it today. Your cats sound wonderful, just like my Dublin. :D

Well, I've learnt from past efforts that creating realistic goals is a good thing. I've never been one to want to be a skinny mini, & I know what works for me. The thing is to work hard to get there, & I know that I can. Thanks for your encouragement! :)