Forums are back in action! ×

Bodyweight rows...my feet keep slipping

So, I've been doing bodyweight rows on the Smith machine with the bar just below my chest. I want to get it lower, but the floors are so slippery in my gym I can't do it...my heels fly out from under me. I have a similar, though not as pronounced issue with incline pushups. Any suggestions on how to get around this? Something I can put on my shoes maybe, or a mat you can buy?

My gym is pretty archaic...its like Mandelbaum's Gym in that Seinfeld episode. I like that in one sense because its really old school (they have ball-end dumbbells and leather medicine balls!) but its not well maintained. Maybe there's something I can tell them to put in there for safety?

Do they only the the ball-ended dummbells? If they have any hex ones, maybe grab a couple heavier ones and put them in front of your heels?

"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." --GK Chesterton

Domine, non sum dignus ut intres sub tectum meum, sed tantum dic verbo et sanabitur anima mea...

http://www.facebook.com/#!/jbaileysewell

Do they only the the ball-ended dummbells? If they have any hex ones, maybe grab a couple heavier ones and put them in front of your heels?

AH...great idea. I think they have some 75# hex DB's I can use. Thanks!

Using a bench is a good idea also, but unfortunately there's a poorly positioned rack of fixed barbells in the way (there's WAY too much equipment in our gym, but that's another story...). But I think the DBs are small enough to work.