Forums are back in action! ×

Pro Wrestling is a GO!!!!!

Guest Snake McClain

Guest Snake McClain

Ladies and gentleman i believe you now have your first ever Nerd Fitness pro wrestling trainee.

I passed my try out with in a big way. I feel great! And looking forward to starting up. I have to say a big...

...THANK YOU to everyone who supported me and backed me up. Telling me I could do it. You guys are fantastic and you all rock!

Bruce MacInness, Signing off. *rap hands*

Guest Snake McClain

You go girl!

hilarious. lol.

This means we get spandex pics, right? OH PLEASE TELL ME THERE'S SPANDEX INVOLVED XD

I don't own any spandex...YET! I will work on this. and I will find photos to post. Also need to show off my new fauxhawk and goatee combo. Pictures to come in the next day or so I guess.

Guest Snake McClain

Nicely done. Congratulations.

Whats the next step in the process now? Are you still training on your own?

I am defintely still training on my own.

The next step is basically keep working on my conditioning, and now that I know what he is going to have me do in training i can add that to my regular strength training routine so i am fully prepared from head to toe. Training starts in January and its a 10 month deal. So honestly from here on it is train myself...train with him on weekends and with myself through the week, and watch and study as much wrestling as possible (the last is the easiest part because I do this all the time anyway). A long road ahead but it's a road I can't wait to walk down (and hopefully run at some points). My hope honestly is to be the best wrestler he has ever trained. I'm hoping to go in and just absolutely focus everything I have into this.

Guest Snake McClain

Do you still think strength is your biggest concern, short term or is it more conditioning/endurance?

I'm hoping i understood this question properly, but I think both. Like I told the trainer that i was starting to do dead lifts and squats and all those types of things and he was like "good good very good. You already have a good build but the more the better to give yourself more of a selling point."

Personally i want to be stronger. I don't "need" to as far as what it takes to wrestle guys my size, but eventually I'll want matches with bigger guys and I'll want to do more stuff so It's best if I push myself further. Conditining and endurance though are definitely the MOST important parts. so i'm shooting for both.

Bruce, have you considered a nerd coming of age, like the skinny guy at the beach who gets sand kicked in the face and has his girl taken away at the beach and turning into the guy who beats up bullies and protects the weak character? I mean at the beach

i don't care what u think of me. unless u think i'm awesome. in which case u're right.

Intro - Workout Log - ABS Log - Fitness Philosophy - Accountability - NERDEE - Weight Maintenance

Guest Snake McClain

That's awesome! Keep us all posted when you start getting matches.

Training starts in january and then it's a ten month training before my first match. Unless i pick up REALLY fast i won't be having matches before then. So it will be a while. And they will all be local but I'll be sure my first match is recorded so everyone can watch. If you guys keep me around on these forums that long. lol

Bruce, have you considered a nerd coming of age, like the skinny guy at the beach who gets sand kicked in the face and has his girl taken away at the beach and turning into the guy who beats up bullies and protects the weak character? I mean at the beach

I have not considered this...maybe not a bad idea. I did briefly mention in the chat room to steve my name could be something with the initials N F so i could use the nerd fitness symbol and cross promote to the site. I could be Nigel Ferguson the fittest nerd on the planet. lol something equally retarded.

CONGRATS DUDE! I am SO wanting photos NOW. :P

I still haven't gotten to photos. people are wanting photos in spandex (which i don't own yet) so i may have to run to a dance studio and just buy a pair to make a funny photo. but i am thinking i will use the spandex photo as my "end of six week challenge" picture. Make everyone wait and be sure I'm as fit as can be come time.