Forums are back in action! ×

Save file corrupt, time to hunt out the backup.

Okay, so....so.  It's been a while.  I turned up for one challenge, and I did great (As far as I was concerned anyway, and that's all that matters really!)  And then right at the end of it I vanished!  Poof, right into the aether.  And there were good reasons for it, but lots of excuses too, and I've no one really to blame but myself.

So to start with, a quick update on all things.  Recently I've been eating /terribly/.  Just terrible things, constantly.  I have good reasons for it, but not great reasons.  The up side to it is that I'm gorging on garbage because I quit smoking, and it's all that's keeping me sane currently.  Right now, I'm on about a month left of "I'd rather get rid of just the nicotine than try and get rid of everything I've been doing and totally fall off of the wagon".  And there's good reason for that too!

Recently everything's been up in the air.  Since December I've had no actual home.  I'm sleeping on the couch in my grandmother's house with all my things in a bag.  The reason for that is that in a month, on the 8th of April, I'll be getting on a plane and trekking halfway across the world.  Moving back to Sydney, finally!  I've been talking about it for years, and now I'm finally getting up and going.  So in spite of my terrible eating habits, I'm doing something much bigger.  I can't really be mad at myself for taking steps towards improving my life in huge ways that aren't diet and exercise, I just can't.

So all in all my priorities have shifted a lot recently.  Lack of a gym isn't helping either, but it's not really an excuse.  And right now my fingers hurt because it's cold and arthritis isn't fun.  Stupid fingers.

So right now the plan is this.  I'm not coming back to six week challenges.  Not for the current one, or the next one.  Time zone changes from England to Australia are going to slay me for a little while, and I have to get myself sorted out and organized and everything settled down.  Then I can think about coming back to challenges.

What I am going to do, though, is stay active.  Here, as well as offline.  I keep myself mildly active with cleaning, and I'm okay with that, but I need to keep my participation in this community going, so that I always have that motivation to keep on going.  When I let my interaction trail off was when I immediately started drifting away to other priorities (like skyrim.  So much skyrim.)  So I have to fix that by being active, even if I'm just lurking and responding to a thread here and there.

Do the thing

2024 Intentions Roadmap

Hey, you have to do what's right be you! Clearly healthy eating and fitness are still important to you or I don't think you'd be posting here. Maybe try to get things more basic and work at it that way? Nothing that stresses you out, just buy some fruit when you get your groceries. Things like that. 

Good luck with the move!!

Base Character: Elantrian

Class/ Profession: Druid

Level: 0 | STR 0 | DEX 0 | STA 0 | CON 0 | WIS 0 | CHA 0

Battle Log Whole30