Forums are back in action! ×

Hello fellow nerds. Looking to start a workout that won't kill me.

Hello,

I stumbled upon this website while trying to find a safe workout for people who have recently gotten out of the hospital. After feeling sore and fatigued from doing everyday tasks like yard work and grocery shopping I decided it was time to build up basic muscle mass I'd lost. I'd greatly appreciate any advice on how to safely start working out and get back into shape.

Hey. I'm sure you'll get some advice on here, it's a great place and a great community. Can you say what you were in hospital for, and how long ago?

I was in a bad motorcycle accident a few years back, learn to walk again stuff, so I can give you some idea of what worked for me, but what you've been through might be totally different.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Make Life Rue The Day                             Turning back the clock                                                Recipe book  14

Life is far too short to take seriously

I was in the hospital for about a month due to a severe C Diff infection. It got so bad that I was unable to eat or drink anything without immediately vomiting it back up. I went from 155 pounds all the way to 99 pounds in just one month, it's an experience I wouldn't wish on my worst enemy. Since my release 2 weeks ago I've managed get to 111 pounds now that I can finally eat solid food again but I am still on a limited easy to digest diet. I'm currently taking multi-vitamins and potassium pills to help stabilize my body's deficiencies that seem to help with my low energy problems. I'd like to start a simple exercise routine that doesn't take to much energy and slowly work my way up something more difficult. I hope this helps give a general idea of where I'm at right now. :)