Forums are back in action! ×

Greetings, everyone.

My name is Chris, and I am a 30-year-old park ranger. I've been a frequent NF reader and lurker on the message boards, and am finally getting registered.

My fitness activities of late have been fairly limited. Though the nature of my job usually requires lots of time on my feet, and frequent hiking, my more recent jobs have been office jobs. As such, while I'm not overweight, I'm not particularly fit, either. I'm currently about 6'2", 170 lbs.

One of the excuses I've used is that I have arthritis in my knees and spine, which per doctors' orders, limits my activity to low impact (e.g., no running). Swimming would actually be excellent for me, but I live in the middle of nowhere in the desert, and my closest pool is probably 2 hours' drive away.

So presently, my goals are to get things underway with the basic NF body-weight circuits (push-ups, pull-ups, planks, squats) and improve my strength in these areas. On a side note, I'm a big fan of swing dancing, and do it whenever I can (though my closest swing dance floor is 3 hours' drive away!) and Star Trek (TNG, mostly).

Looking forward to the rebellion!

Hi Chris. Glad to meet you. Looking forward to hear about your progress here on the boards. Recently someone posted a video about a girl who is a powerlifter and was doing squats on one leg as an amputee. That image really made me believe that the limits that we place on ourselves are really those that our minds impose on us. We all face obstacles when trying to reach our goals, but we believe that the road is more fun and rewarding when a bunch of like-minded nerds are riding together, helping one another and sharing our experiences in daily life.

i don't care what u think of me. unless u think i'm awesome. in which case u're right.

Intro - Workout Log - ABS Log - Fitness Philosophy - Accountability - NERDEE - Weight Maintenance