Forums are back in action! ×

Popular and effective stretch routines.

Hey guys, after a short while i've come to realise that the major muscle 'fatigue' *pain* i'd been experiencing can be almost fully alleviated with a good stretch..

That sounds obvious, i knew stretching was good but until i started strength training a lot i'd never really been one to stretch my upper body... Generally just my legs and lower back.

As such i'm going into this with little to know upper body stretches and while i'll try and incorporate as many as i can remember from my years of school sports after the workout routine, i usually will wake up the next day with a very noticeable pain in the one or two areas i've missed. Predominantly upper back for today :/

Instead of googling a heap of stretches and then trying to work out which ones are the best for my situation, i was wondering if any of you guys could recommend me a routine that will stretch out your whole body.. particularly the upper back regions which just seem so hard to stretch out to me.

Obviously i can google stretches and work some out, it just seemed like you guys might be a more helpful resource :)

Cheers!

Mitch S - Level 4 Scientist Adventurer

Wielding The Slightly Pointed Lute of Power and Dented Roman Helmet
STR :11 DEX :5 STA :7 CON :8.5 WIS :8 CHA :7
My first challenge : An Adventurer Underwater

My second challenge : Electric Boogaloo

Challenge Number 3 : On the Run
“Pray for rain all you like, but dig a well as you do it.†- Steven King The Dark Tower

For upper back/shoulders, I use Child's Pose. Other key stretches for me are Cobra Pose(core/lower back) and something close to the Warrior Pose 2, but instead of standing, I try touching my elbow to my ankle(hammies, glutes, quads, core).

You ever see those guys who look like they totally used to be in shape?
I'm working to get back to that...