Forums are back in action! ×

Fat, Sick and Nearly Dead

Not a study for a start. As it's a film as well it is probably dramatised slightly, so that adds to the lack of empirical credence.

Ignoring the autoimmune disease angle for a moment - basically from the synopsis we can see a very unhealthy guy totally change his dietary habits for an extended period, and becomes much healthier.

That result have anything to do with the juice fast you reckon? I'd be skeptical.

Are you eating while your reading this?

I was actually in the middle of the flick when i posted this. Having now finished it and given it some consideration i pretty figure:

Pro: We can all agree that filling your diet with fruit n veg will drop the kgs (or lbs).

Con: you could just chew the damned things, right?

I've done similar before, in that i've gone vegetarian for a couple weeks to sort out the old bod a little. Cant really see a purpose to juicing specifically, or than it headf**king the people a bit with the whole not having a sit down meal bit.

I don't think I would do well on a juice fast, simply because it's SUGAR SUGAR SUGAR RIGHT INTO THE VEINS for your source of energy. I think the point of the juicing was to get more calories from veg. than would normally be practical - they had the whole part where he goes "This is what I would have to be eating to get the same energy if I wasn't juicing it all".

If you're drastically (morbidly) overweight though, I can't see how switching to a diet of fruit and vegetables would be worse for you than you were already doing, though. I'm sure if I ate nothing but veg for a few weeks I would drop the kg. But I don't think I would feel very nice.

I watched it, and I have no doubt that it works, but for the same reasons others have stated. Instead of filling their bodies with junk, they filled up with fruit and vegetables. You can do the same thing by replacing the junk you're eating with healthy things.

Then you get to the "Also, we're selling juicers! Join us!" part and you know why they're trying to sell that angle.

Brendan's Workout Log

"You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life."

- Winston Churchill

I've seen it and pretty much agree with everyone else who's posted. I thought the movie was good and well done, and I think for people who aren't trying to be healthy and want to jump start their diet change it might be viable option, especially for people who want to just jump in and change everything.