Forums are back in action! ×

Finally saying hi. This site has fallen off my radar for a little while but now I'm jumping in head first.

I'm Chris, I'm from Toronto Ontario. I'm a husband and a father of a 2 year old (who just can't slow down).

I'm a registered nurse, I'm on my feet most of the day. I go the gym minimum twice a week (depending on work). I run 5ks during the warmer months.

Why I'm here?

• Looking for motivation. A group of people who can cheer me on (yes my wife does but she's in this with me)
  • To conquer my fears at the gym. I'm terrified of free weights. Am I do it wrong? How's my form? What to do and how much?

My goals:

• To drop some weight. No specific number but to the point I feel better about moving around and my health
  • Get my 5k back under 30 minutes

My downfall is my diet. I find myself sharing a lot of my daughter's snacks with her in addition to my normal meals. That and beer. Previously I've lost weight, but I put 75% of it back on (long stories, but in the end it's excuses). I've lost 20lbs since last November.

I have a 17 month old daughter and find myself eating her snacks with her. I've decided that if her snacks aren't good fro me and making me fat. what are they doing to her? We have since started to slowly switch her to better snacks. More fruit and veggies, she loves Guacamole and limit the sugar. She doesn't mind and I feel better about what I give her.  I'm also not drinking any beer for the month of March, that should shed some pounds off me with out much work on my part. Good luck and welcome

• Like 1