Forums are back in action! ×

And let's get started!

Well, here it is. My first post.

Let me give you a quick overview of myself to start with. I'm 25 years old and live in Belgium (yeah, we're only with 10 million ;)

The basic situation (and it's not a very original one) is that I was pretty much in shape until a year ago. Not super, but I was ok. Around that time a found a job and had less time to go to the gym. Result, I gained 10kg (22lbs).

I realized that if I continue on that road I'll be seriously overweight when I hit 30. Not something I look forward to.

So I decided I'll prove to myself that I can get back in shape while doing a time-consuming job, have a social life, see my girlfriend, play guitar, ... you get the drill :)

So... the goal: Have a clearly visible six pack. To stick a number on it, I want my body fat percentage in the single digits. I never had that in my whole life so it's a pretty challenging goal.

Now, 3 months ago I started to go back to the gym 2 times a week for some good old fashioned strength training. I've gained some muscle but the fat remains.

So starting this Monday (11/14) I'll go for it. I'll clean up my diet, change my workout (no more machines, compound exercises it is :), measures my progress, ... In short, I'm going to do the whole deal.

To conclude, I'm really glad I found this website and I must say, the stories have give me the final push I needed!

Cheers