Forums are back in action! ×

Welcoming Accountability

So I was checking out the city I'm going to live in with my newly wedded wife today and I was overcome with the inspiration to get healthy. I can't place the call to action on any one source: I want to be able to bike from the new house to the beach to downtown and back before breakfast and still have energy to work a full shift at a busy restaurant. I've never tried to get healthy before, so I'm unsure of what will and won't work for me. However, I'm not averse to change and Demon's Souls was cake, so I'm leaning toward Paleo for sustenance and running for exercise. I'll have a workout partner in my wife, but I don't have any other support, so I'm going to be active on these forums to keep me accountable and I will keep a living blog - link will go in my signature - that I'll use as a journal of my daily thoughts and progress. I'll have my schedule and recipes here as well as my detailed goal list and where I'm at. Now that I've written that all down I'll introduce myself.

My name is Dylan and I'm almost 23. I'm halfway through my associates in arts degree. I'm an English major with a minor in linguistics. I want to teach English as a second language abroad so that I can see as much of the world as possible. I just got married to my middle school sweetheart and I couldn't be happier. I play video games way too much and write way too little. I'm also a complete newb to the community, but I'm super enthused to be here.

Also: I promise I don't write in simple sentences only, I'm just on my tablet in a hotel room right now. 

Dude welcome to NF!

Totally get where you're coming from!  So keep writing and telling us what you've done and what you need help with.  We are there for each other!

(I sense an accountability team forming for the first 6 week challenge coming up on April 20 ... report to the Recruit to learn more!  section: http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/forum/426-recruit/)

I look forward to your next post!

ShortStrider