Forums are back in action! ×

Captain Drops - Being The Best You That You Can Be

Wall of Text Incoming!

Hello Everyone, Captain Drops posting for the first time in this section. I've been on Nerd Fitness for a little over a month now, and I'm really loving the community and everything Steve and his team do here. While my main goal has definitely been weight loss, the whole concept of leveling up your life has a lot of significance for me. There are several articles and even this section that are dedicated to people trying to improve their lives in ways that are almost unrelated to diet and exercise. People want to be great parents to their kids, be successful in their relationships, work towards that new promotion or their dream job, and even begin the smallest changes that can improve their lives drastically. This forum is a great place to receive advice and encouragement form people in similar positions as you or people that have already been through it. This is probably the best place for a lot of people to start and complete their journey to become the greatest person that they can be.

I'm posting this because there are so many changes that I need to implement in my life to become the ideal me, I felt that I needed some way to pull together all these things that i need to work on into a semi-tangible image of what I will be striving towards every day for the rest of my life. I know that I'll never 100% get there, ideals may change, and that every change will be it's own process that will take work, time, and dedication to complete. I'm avoiding including things that involve material possessions such as money. All the things i describe will be skill and lifestyle based. because those are ultimately the only things you can control. Also they are very general goals, each one needs to be converted into a S.M.A.R.T goal to be completed.

So, before I get much more into this, here's what my basic idea of what my ideal me should be like. 

Physical

1. I want to get down to a healthy weight. 
  2. I want to be strong and look strong.

Professional 

1. I want to become an exceptional professional application developer
  2. I want to have my own side business in web or mobile application development
  3. I want to learn another language

Personal

1. I want to have my own family
  2. I want to be even more charismatic (I sometimes stutter or mumble when i get stressed)
  3. I want to get or continue more hobbies (reading, playing instruments, Role playing games)

Writing that list was way harder than i thought it would be. It's far from complete but right now I think those are the most important things to me right now. Everything on that list needs a plan and goals for it to happen so that's why every 6-week challenge I will pick something from this list and make it the focus of my side-quest. This list will update as my goals change but I'm glad I've written it and put it where other people will see it. 

Thanks for reading, and I invite you to provide feedback or ask questions down below, also if you have your own ideal you that you are working towards, write it down and let me know so I can come take a look and support you the best that i can! :D

• Like 2

"Talga Vassternich. Deserve Victory." - Wizard's Eighth Rule

Captain Drop's Introduction

Captain Drop's Battle Log