Forums are back in action! ×

There is no spoon

I know you're out there. I can hear you now. You know that I'm afraid. I'm afraid of change. I don't know the future. I didn't come here to tell you how this is going to end. I came here to tell you how it's going to begin. I'm going to level up my life, and then I'm going to show them all what I want to see. I'm going to show them a world … with 1 less fat geek. A world without excuses and justifications, without omissions or falsehoods; a world where anything is possible. Where I go from there is a choice I make.

So yeah, I take The Matrix a little too seriously.

I'm Chad and I'm a geek from Sydney, Australia. I'm a family man, a roleplayer, a gamer, a lumberer (fat-speak for running), and a martial artist. I'm also about 35 kilos heavier than I want to be.

I've started tracking how bad the situation really is now (bad -- I drink about a 3-4 cans of coke a day and eat crap), but I know where I want to be by the end of the year -- there's 7 weeks left. I want to have lost 3.5 kilos by then.

My strategy is this:

• gradually replace coke with water
  • Take the stairs instead of the lift
  • use my lunch hour to resume my running routine
  • on the weekend, make enough breakfast that I can grab one in the morning before going to work.
  • replace the crap I eat with Real Food
  • start investigating (reading) about Paleo
  • save time for Assassin's Creed Revelations :)

I've already started some of these action items. I went out and bought myself some Vibram Five-fingers shoes and and have already lumbered through 2 kilometres twice this week. I've joined the Nerd Fitness group on Fitocracy to make working out somewhat fun.

My challenge for this week is to get breakfasts sorted -- I skip it far too often.

Level 2 Human Ranger

(2 Ad, 1R, 1M, 1As)

STR 4 | DEX 2 | STA 7.5 | CON 9 | WIS 7.5| CHA 5.5

Challenges: 1 | Current | Battle Log
"Get up, put your feet on the floor, and don't look back, because we've got work to do.  Welcome to the grind."