Forums are back in action! ×

Greetings from the UK

Having stopped the Empire in Force Unleashed 2 I am in need of a new challenge as I learn the ways of the Force.

The Darkside had me for a long time, firstly with bad food and no exercise, I managed to break free a bit and started getting fit but the diet was too hard to achive.

I am now free of the hold of the Emporer!

(sorry guys, just love the mix of geek and fitness)

Was linked here from JohnStoneFitness and started reading the sucesses people had and was motivated loads by the simplicity of the information, I was getting so over whelmed by all the information on counting calories and how to work out.

The one thing I could never decide is how much cardio and how much weights.

Gladly NF has convinced me weight training is the way to go.

I'll post details on my progress and failures down the line.

Gary

Hi gs, glad to see you here. Not everyone here agrees that weight training (as in lifting) is the way to go, but I guess different points of view are what make a conversation interesting. I would also say that cadio exercise such as running is weight training as you are moving your entire bodyweight forward over distance. Anyhoo, I think the point is to keep learning over time so that you can evolve physically and in terms of knowledge to develop the best you that you can be. Look fwd to seeing you around.

i don't care what u think of me. unless u think i'm awesome. in which case u're right.

Intro - Workout Log - ABS Log - Fitness Philosophy - Accountability - NERDEE - Weight Maintenance

Thanks Guys

Am very open minded and rarely sign up to forums unless they seem comfortable.

Did my first all body session today, got in the gym and it was empty so got chatting to the 2 instructors and they seemed surprised on what I was saying, 1 of them is on the Paleo diet (well not 100%) and the other checked my workout, gave some good tips (and pushed me on to do heavier) and offered a rewrite in few weeks.

Am still doing my cardio, here's the workout

Monday - weights

Tuesday - 45mins spin and 1 hour boxfit (with the instructor who reviewed the workout)

Wednesday - weights

Thursday - 1hour kick box fit (20mins of it is a circuit warmup)

Friday - weights

Weekends am busy with car work or diy etc etc, so it's some exercise

I'm going to stick to this for 6-10 weeks and see how it goes, made a ton of Excel graphs for my monitoring.

BRING IT ON!!

what exactly is your workout plan, there's loads of people on this forum who'd gladly go over it with you as well, i've never had a great deal of faith in PT's in a gym (mine either don't know anything decent or are out of shape) but yours seem ok (paleo rocks btw, i tried it for a 6 week challenge and am now in the process of getting rid of my crappy food (weatabix, oat bars etc) and going for it again)

The trainers at my gym I would class as friends now, 1 guy I chat about random things, the girl there we talk about our cats, never had any pressure for paid PT sessions or advice but I get it anyone.

Weight plan is basically a full body workout,

Quads

Butt and Hamstring

Push work

Pull work

Core work

4 sets, 8 reps, giving it some weeks to see what results I get and then maybe muscle groups focusing each day, I overal body strength is random, I can do a good few pushups but not a single chin up, got a decent punch but lack enough balance.

As for diet, have already got rid of junk food and saying no to alot of food we have to cook off at work, alot more reading on Paleo to do but already very interested, will miss my pasta!!