Forums are back in action! ×

Third Time's a Charm... I Hope!

Hullo :)

So a bit about me then, hu? Well, as far as fitness and weight loss/struggle goes, it all started when I turned 18 and immediately began the quest to rid the city of booze by apparently drinking it all. I gained a bunch of weight and my mother, who saw this and hoped I wouldn't stumble down the same path as my sister, deciced to buy me a gym membership for my 19th birthday. I didn't lose weight. Quite the opposite, in fact. With all the bodybuilding and powerlifting forums screaming "squats and milk!!!" at every newbie that rode in, I found myself following that advice a little too close to the letter. I still remember an old friend breaking himself with laughter when he used my toilet and found a couple of empty gallons of milk beside it.

I clocked in at 120kgs by the time I was 20. In my mind I was hot stuff, but then one day I saw a picture of me and some mates at the beach and I realized I was just jiggly stuff. Vexed and haunted by that picture, I locked myself away for three months with a disturbing drive to lose the weight. And I did, and then life just got more complicated. I had a falling out with most of my best friends, met and fell in love with a girl I thought was the one, moved in together in another city and then a year and half later it all fell to pieces. I found comfort in food as so many do, and gained all that weight back, then lost it, then gained it back again plus interest. 10 extra kilograms of interest. So I was 130kgs(286lbs), sad and lonely. I'm 25 now and it still seems like I've spent the better part of my early twenties loosing weight and dealing with depression, anxiety and frequent panic attacks, which is something I've delt with most of my life. So thats kind of annoying! But I fluctuate between 88-90kgs now after taking a far more relaxed approach to weight loss. It took a bit longer but I've never been this lean before. Yet, despite that, I still don't quite feel comfortable in my own skin.

Other than that, I love to read SciFi and a bit of Fantasy. I enjoy writing, playing the guitar, and I train in Muay Thai which contributed a bit to the most recent weight loss. Thats all for now. See ya on the boards! :onthego:

Welcome Bleop! Sounds like you've found the right place! I've found NerdFitness to be so much fun that life's struggles, and your past just kind of fall away and you're actually able to do the real work :) I too spent a lot of my early 20's stressing about my image and gaining/losing weight. It's kind of a sad thing to look back on, but seeing where I've made it to makes me a little more forgiving of myself now. I hope that you'll join in on the challenges here. They are tons of fun and the encouragement you receive from other nerds is such a huge help! See ya' around!