Forums are back in action! ×

Hello, Let the Games Begin :)

Hello,

Having found Nerd Fitness on a Google search of what exercises to pair up with dead-lifts, I think I have found a new fitness home to learn and contribute.  I think I spent an hour just reading and looking at what the site is all about, I am hooked.  

As I join the Rebellion I know enough about fitness to be dangerous and a bit about diet, but most importantly I am here to learn and absorb as much good information as possible.  

That said, my name is Doug, I am 32, and want to make changes in my life for the best.  Having just ended a relationship of 2 years and taking on more responsibilities at work I need to get my health in order.  More recently went from working a labor intensive job 5 months ago to a desk job, its gotten ridiculous how easy it is to put on unhealthy weight.  On the pro active side I do have a gym membership and have some knowledge how to workout, but I know there is way more I have to learn to get the results I want. 

Thinking about what makes me a nerd I would say that I have a slight obsession with the movie Aliens.  Not Alien, of Aliens number what ever, but the 1986 special edition version with Sigourney Weaver.  Not a huge video game player....but love EA Sports NCAA football and love running Triple Option offenses :)  Also, love Diablo 2 and 3, I am always a barbarian and just have fun with the whole game.  I have logged way too many hours playing.   Any ways....

My goals as a part of the Rebellion are:

1. Reach a single digit body fat percentage.  I have never done that to my knowledge and think it would be great to shoot work towards that goal.
  2. Set personal best weight lifting records in squat, flat bench, power clean and dead lift.  
  3. Learn new healthy recipes to cook for myself and perhaps someone else in the distant future.  
  4. Get up early and join the 5 O'clock (AM) club, thank you Robin Sharma....if you know who he is kudos to you :)
  5. Change my diet suite my weight and health goals
  6. Positively contribute to the goals and aspirations of fellow Rebel's 

Thank you for read and I hope to continue the traditions of Nerd Fitness.

iLearn51

“Either you run the day or the day runs you.†~ Jim Rohn 

Good to hear sylph, I agree that this is an accepting and supportive online community.  I have been apart of others that say they are, but that is not the reality.

Honestly, we are all coming here for the reason of getting better.  It is awesome to have a bunch of positive people for support and feed back.

iLearn51

“Either you run the day or the day runs you.†~ Jim Rohn