Forums are back in action! ×

Respawning yet again...

It's been a while, a rather long while, since I have been on the forums. Need that instant gratification that used to get on IRC and messengers.

Anyways, after spending an awesome night with Alienjen, I think it's time for a major respawn. I was basically staying at status quo. I wasn't losing weight, but I wasn't gaining any either. I was still the weakling that I have been for years. I decided that my "batcave" wasn't working even though I had my yoga mat sitting in the living room all the time. I tried a few other things, but nothing seemed to remind me that I probably should do something other than watch Fairy Tale or read.

Food-wise, I was starting to go back into my earlier habits. I had been relatively strict with my eating due to medical issues, but life changed and so my habits went out the window. The more I spend with my fiance, the more his habits became mine. So, instead of a protein shake after a long hike, I would get a milkshake because "it contains fruit and has calcium; I always need calcium!". I repeat what he tells me every time. At dinner tonight, I realized that I have had nothing but junk like pizza and country fried steak for my meals. I feel so betrayed by myself.

In order to respawn, I have restarted the NFA modules. I started asking people to just check in with me with a word of encouragement or lend me their ear. I have removed all the junk food from my cabinets and bought vegetables and proteins for my meals next week. I have an appointment with the personal trainer at my gym on Wednesday. This week, I am going to start kicking my arse into gear.

Thanks for listening. I'll make a new battle log (my previous one is so old, it's buried somewhere). I need to prep new goals. Goals that will work for me.

One of the greatest discoveries man makes, one of the greatest surprises, is to find he can do what he was afraid he couldn't do. -- Henry Ford

Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. -- Groucho Marx

Battle Chronicles of Sacculina

Sacculina's Wordpress

ah, the corruption of the junkies we live with. I know the feeling. Good for you getting the junk out of the house.

one anti-procrastination trick I have used with some success is to set a phone alarm, and when the alarm goes off, do something you've been ignoring (make a phone call, drop and do 5 pushups, whatever). It is really easy to ignore the yoga mat sitting there, but if you hear an alarm, you can't ignore that (unless you snooze it, but that's cheating).

Your phone can even do recurring alarms on specific days of the week to remind you to work out. At least mine can, and mine is 5 years old, so I'm sure normal people with newer phones can do it too.

• Like 1

Every saint has a past, and every sinner has a future.

Hylian Assassin 5'5", 143 lbs.
Half-marathon: 3:02
It is pitch dark. You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

Oh that's a good idea! I already have an alarm to remind me to take my vitamin D pills. I can just add another one for working out, wedding planning, etc. I should make one to remind me to drink while I'm at work too. I'm horrible at drinking water since I work in a lab and drinks are forbidden. This will give me an excuse to run out for a moment or two. :D

Thanks! I've already started to set things up on my phone. 

One of the greatest discoveries man makes, one of the greatest surprises, is to find he can do what he was afraid he couldn't do. -- Henry Ford

Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. -- Groucho Marx

Battle Chronicles of Sacculina

Sacculina's Wordpress