Forums are back in action! ×

Raincloak SMASH ... on gravel. Owww.

So the intrepid assassin went for a walk on the beach, and spied a fence at the end (private property, snrk). The tide was coming in and she was bored, so instead of backtracking along the beach, she decided to climb the fence and walk home on the street.

Getting up the wire fence... not that hard, it's only ten feet high, but a bit challenging at the top. Still unable to do pullups (let alone vaults), not quite enough room in the wire for good footholds, and the poky bits of wire at the top snagged her clothing. (Not barbed wire, just cut ends of your basic crosshatch fence wire. Still poky enough, though. Intrepid assassin was struggling to hang on between the poky parts, and feared puncture wounds.)

Undaunted, she managed to get her legs over, and then tried to jump down ... and snagged, and tumbled, and gloriously fell on the ground ten feet below.

inventory now shows:

2 slightly scraped hands

1 impressively bruised wrist (my watchband snapped when I fell)

1 somewhat bruised and bleeding knee

1 very badly bruised and bleeding knee

1 very badly sprained big toe

1 slightly sprained big toe

Could have been much worse (managed to avoid severe cuts or punctures, and no ankle or wrist sprains, thank God), but that's gonna hurt. I suppose I should thank my limited assassin training (all those leapfrogs and jump squats) for helping me avoid a worse landing.

I got up, limped to the coffee shop, begged some ice, rested a bit, limped home, cleaned up as best I could, took ibuprofen, and applied some more ice. Yeow. I'm not the whiny type (slightly famous at work for pain tolerance, actually), but this sprained toe really hurts a lot, and it's painful to walk, and I think my knees are gonna have a couple new scars.

so yeah. Graceful assassin = major fail. I probably won't be running for at least five days. Dammit, I was just about to start my marathon training plan, too.

... man, where's a Cure spell when you need one?

Every saint has a past, and every sinner has a future.

Hylian Assassin 5'5", 143 lbs.
Half-marathon: 3:02
It is pitch dark. You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

thanks ... don't think rolling works when you're caught in the claws of a vicious fence, though. I almost managed to land in a crouch, just lost my balance and pitched too far forward cause of the snags.

still pretty smashed, but I managed to take a walk today in the lovely soggy spring weather. Got lifting work tomorrow so I will have to be careful. I'd better be up to it, I'll just have to work a little slow. My partner's going to laugh. This is like the third accident I've had in a month, and they seem to be getting progressively more spectacular. Why couldn't I have done all this crap back in my teens when it didn't matter?

thanks ... don't think rolling works when you're caught in the claws of a vicious fence, though. I almost managed to land in a crouch, just lost my balance and pitched too far forward cause of the snags.

still pretty smashed, but I managed to take a walk today in the lovely soggy spring weather. Got lifting work tomorrow so I will have to be careful. I'd better be up to it, I'll just have to work a little slow. My partner's going to laugh. This is like the third accident I've had in a month, and they seem to be getting progressively more spectacular. Why couldn't I have done all this crap back in my teens when it didn't matter?

Glad you are a bit better today. It was rainy and cold and I wimped out for my walk today.

Wisdom 22.5   Dexterity 13   Charisma 15   Strength 21  Constitution-13

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your strength, and with all your mind' Luke 10; 27

still fighting off the effects of the sprains. The cuts have mostly healed but the sprains are taking longer. Goddang it, I have dances to attend this weekend! f**king biology...