Forums are back in action! ×

Hello fellow nerds,

Finally decided to bite the bullet and sign up. 

I'm sort of on a forced Paleo since I have grain/legume/tree nut allergies and I'm lactose intolerant so I am trying to be more vigilant in keeping all the bad stuff out of my diet. 

My fitness goal is to get to increase my climbing level and my general fitness so that I can get certified for lead climbing. Right now I guess I would say that rock climbing is my primary means of exercise. I tend to do a mix of top roping and a little bouldering at our local climbing gym but some day I'd like to try climbing outdoors. I've recently started hiking with a small group of friends as well and I would love to get to the point where I don't feel tapped out half way through and sore for the next several days. 

I love new people and I enjoy chatting and if there are any local people looking for hiking, climbing or general activity buddies, please let me know! :)

Thank you! I know I would hesitate to do any bouldering outside until I got much better and had a crash pad. I think for climbing outdoors, being able to lead climb would probably be a pretty good launching point before I feel even remotely confident enough to try outdoor climbing. I don't think I could climb anywhere super high up though, I think that would freak me out. 

I went climbing Saturday, hiking Sunday and climbing again Tuesday as well as doing a two mile walk Tues/Wed and I haven't been this sore EVERYWHERE in ages. Definitely a pretty good full body work out.