Forums are back in action! ×

Well, where to begin? I'll be brief because otherwise I could write a book.

I was pointed in the direction of the nerdfitness blog by someone I follow on twitter. There is a small group of us who regularly use the #twitloss hashtag to keep up with each other and our journey towards health. Anyway, considering the huge geek that I am, she pointed me in this direction. I am so glad that she did. <3

My personal story is long and complicated, and continues to be so. But the short version is that I spent 12 years of my life unhappy and wasting away. About a year ago I decided I was done with all of it. Done with a bad relationship. Done thinking I wasn't worth it. Done hating myself. Done pretending there was nothing worth living for.

I made some pretty drastic changes that included counseling, re-entering college, and a very uncomfortable separation (or at least mentally, the physical separation is still a long way off). I got my bum to the gym and tracked what I ate. Since then I've lost 65lbs.

In September I did the Whole30 challenge..... and then things went wrong. I haven't really backslid, but I momentarily got stuck. I let bad habits and emotions get the best of me. And while I only gained 5 lbs back, the effect of reintroducing grains and sugar into my diet are quite obviously bad. Mood swings, cravings, lack of motivation. I'm sure you all are aware of it.

So here I am looking to find my feet again and maybe find my "tribe" so to speak. I'm back in the gym, I'm back to counting calories..... but I want to be back to eating paleo. I want to push my limits and work harder, work out different. I ran my first 5K 2 weeks ago and it was such an amazing feeling to know that I could do that! I need more of that in my life right now.

So, hi there. :) My name is Tiffany. I'm almost 33, have 2 kids and am a full time college student working on a BS in computer science. I'm a book blogger, gamer, and all around geek. I'm here to work. I'm here to push myself to be better. I've come a long way, but I'm not done yet.

Tiffany -Elven Ranger & Derby Girl
STR 7 | DEX 5 | STA 4 | CON 3 | WIS 4 | CHA 3
@moxie_hart. Tumblr. Fitocracy

Welcome Tiffany! Congrats on the 65 pounds. That's no small feat. What is your plan for now? Anything specific?

Facebook | Twitter | Blog |

"What we face may look insurmountable. But I learned something from all those years of training and competing. I learned something from all those sets and reps when I didn't think I could lift another ounce of weight. What I learned is that we are always stronger than we know." - Arnold Schwarzenegger

Toby: It's going to be hard.
Josh: Then we'll do what's hard.
- The West Wing

"A good lawyer sees trouble coming from around the corner."
-Professor Tom Ross

Well I lost the first 65 using a lot of cardio, some Body Pump class, and some Body Combat here and there. I watched my intake using Weight Watchers. I'd like to transition to more weight training and less counting.

Right now that means I'm trying to be grain and traditional dairy free. Eventually I think I'd like to be paleo but I've learned that if I don't do things in baby steps, I fail because I feel like I'm missing out. So currently I'm cutting out the grains and switched to a raw goats milk.

I'm trying to work out my "workout plan." I know that more free weights is best, but I have a hard time feeling like I've really worked out HARD unless I'm in a kickboxing or body pump class. I think I am going to try the Rebel Fitness Guide to give me a good starting point.

Tiffany -Elven Ranger & Derby Girl
STR 7 | DEX 5 | STA 4 | CON 3 | WIS 4 | CHA 3
@moxie_hart. Tumblr. Fitocracy