Forums are back in action! ×

help! Warrior needs rez!

Hey all,

A friend told me about this place so I thought give it a try. I've been a tall guy all my life, but gained a lot in college and when I moved away from home.

So I've tried losing weight couple times. Lost like 12 pounds at the gym n running. Than a friend demotervated me by accident and I was down for the count. Than after taking some anti depressants and becoming the heaviest I've ever been at 253 or so I was like ok thats enough! I hold my weight well, but still noticeable.

I tried to do cross fit n Thai boxing again, did great lost 3% body fat n looked toned for a month and a half than I sprained my ankle really bad and took me off the gym for about a month and a half.

I'm better now, but trying to get motivated again, but not just that my diet needs help! I've been a picky eater when I was younger. New foods would come back up and the way my parents made me eat new foods, I shy away more. But I eat a lot more than before.

I like crunchy sweetish foods. I'm originally from new York and mom makes a lot of carbs. I take after my dad with being broad shoulder big guy. Hes really in shape.

Just need some help. Doing this on the phone is hard lol

You've had glimpses of some good habits, so you know the potential is there.  Now you just need to work on holding onto that discipline for the long haul.  Need to make yourself immune to single bad moments - be they a friend's callous remarks or injuries - and keep your nose to the grindstone.  It's not about motivation.  It's about discipline.  There aren't any true roadblocks to your goal if you don't want there to be.

Focus on small things and layer them on over time, instead of diving into intense habits from the start.  Building your lifestyle bit by bit over the course of weeks and months will help blend those changes into your new normal.  On the diet side, just identify a couple things to remove or reduce.  Bit by bit.  That's probably where you'll find the most impact to fat loss.

• Like 1

I think diet is a really personal thing as we all have stuff that works for us. It took me about a week but what I am doing now that seems to be working (still tweaking it) is I am going paleo. However, if I am out with people I won't starve myself just because I can't find paleo foods. I'd rather be good 80% then 0%. That last 20% is tough.

Also I pre cook all my stuff for the week and just throw it in tupperware containers. I'll have one in my backpack as the day goes so I can eat when I want and not feel the need to randomly stop. As I said, my shit is still a work in progress but so far it's working OK.

If you don't wanna go paleo then there are plenty of other ways to cut the fat. There's so much information here and everyone has been really cool so far.

You get what you put in.

Good luck.

Weighed myself, office having biggest loser contest and I'm 246 pounds! So 5 pounds in two weeks. Had a few set backs n friends ordering pizza over my place when we hang. Couple cheat days too. A co worker gave me a cool diet plan they used in the USA rangers so hoping it helps n this contest helps motivates me more.

Thanks for the help from all so far.

• Like 2