Forums are back in action! ×

The journey to becoming wonderwoman

Hi everyone,

Just read through some forum posts and the website and decided to join the rebellion!

Something about me, I'm a 22 year old student from the Netherlands (Europe). Since we use meters, centimeters and kilograms over here, I don't know my weight and height any other way. I'm 1.56m and went from 99.9 kg to 80 kg in the past 2 years, purely by adjusting my diet. I have celiac's diseade so need to stick to gluten-free products only and am basically here to get support and advice on exercise. I'm a sucker for drinks that are full of sugar.

Ultimately I want to get rid of the excess weight and reach a healthy BMI (don't mind if it's more, as long as it's muscles and not fat haha) which means that my weight should be between 61 kg and 49 kg.

I'm kinda lost where to start on the forum, and a quick search told me that I should introduce myself here, so here I am.

Sorry for any spelling mistakes that might be in this post, I'm not a native english speaker/writer, so I hope all is understandable [emoji16]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey! 

Welcome!

Always good to have more Europeans around. I'm not celiac but have experience catering for celiacs  so happy to help when I can with that. :)

Your English is better than plenty of native speakers, so I wouldn't worry about that. 

What exercise are you interested in taking up?

Anyway, welcome and hope you have fun!

Sundae x

I've just signed up for a gym about 2/3 weeks ago and have done some group lessons (bodystep/zumba/bodybalance) which was nice. I have two big dogs that I like to walk with, but am not really the runner/cyclist type of person tbh [emoji85] (more the couch potatoe type haha) I am actually mostly interested in strength training, but am open to suggestions haha

Yeah zumba and bodystep were fun, bodybalance not so much (not really the yoga type of person, felt like I was making a fool of myself), but thus far the gym is really nice. The staff is actually quite helpfull and as far as I can tell the people that go there are friendly. The gym is quite new so lots of "new" equipment and machines. They also tend to offer the most recent type of group lessons. I especially like the diversity in body type / age / race of the people that go there.

Any tips on where to start on this forum though? [emoji85]

Haha I'm there with you with the feeling silly in the yoga movements when they introduce the 'flow' moves. Awesome that you found a gym you like and even better that it has new equipment! Have you found any familiar faces for a gym buddies yet? 

Also to wean yourself off the sugar drinks, have you thought about replacing them? Maybe start with diet (still not good, but will help with weight loss) and then replacing that with fruit infused water for something sweet- kind of like stepping stones so you don't cut yourself off completely and get frustrated with the change.

As for the forum the most recent challenge ended today and the new one will start in two weeks. Until then you can start thinking of 3 goals you can realistically accomplish in 6 weeks and start developing them for the next challenge if you're interested. You can look through the guilds and start thinking about what group fits your fitness/lifestyle goals best so you're ready to join when you complete your first challenge. 

Until then you can hop over to the battle-logs and start your own thread and record pretty much whatever you want. Your workout, diet, mood- whatever you're doing on a daily basis so you have a record and look back on it. 

Good luck on your goals :) 

Spaz Ranger

BATTLE LOG

You can have results or excuses. Not both

I know right! And everyone was acting so serious like their lives depended on doing those exercises, while all I did was look around (while doing the moves ofc) and think: "we look like such idiots right now >.<". Anyways, not my type of exercise haha.

I am actually trying to cut down from 4-5 cans a day to 1-2, which is going pretty well so far, so slowly but surely I will kick that habit I hope. But yeah, once I get it down to 1 can a day, I can start replacing it for fruit infused water for sure! 

Thanks for the info! Will have a look at those forums ;)

• Like 1