Forums are back in action! ×

Fat cat looking to become a tiger

So hi. I'm a nerd, geek, gamer, and as the children used to say, hungry hungry hippo. I'm a 275lb female with big everything that wants to just look normal.

I was paleo for a little bit a few years ago but I forgot everything I knew and now, there's so much stuff...I don't know what to do, eat, think anymore.

This is the only thing that I know:

I'm lactose intolerant, and I have a problem with anger and sweets.

Everytime I try to workout I end up hurting myself, or I get embarrassed, or I get mad at the tiny chicks I see ....everywhere.... and get frustrated and quit.

So I need help. I don't know where to go or what to do now.

Level 1 Khajiit, female, wanna be Ranger or Monk.

Current challenge: http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/76581-nekopowah-episode-3-revenge-of-the-mew/

Hi there! First off, yes. Tons of information. You don't need to learn it all at once, it's a process, so you can pick one or two things and start working on those for now. 

Two, anger issue person here too- I figured out how to funnel that into workouts this past year and it has done wonders for me. If you can figure out how to make it work for you your workouts will be more intense and your anger will ebb and be taken care of so you're all mellow by the end of it. 

With the hurting yourself while working out, as previously stated, take it slow. No one is expecting you to run a marathon or do a 300 lb deadlift on your first go- also why do you get mad at the tiny chicks? Are these related? They sort of sound like they are- in the way that you're comparing yourself to other people. Stop, everyone is different and is on their own journey in life, you can take two twins and their experiences will still differ.

So choose a goal. Break that down into smaller goals. If you need help doing that we help with that too. Just remember to take it easy, one step at a time and to focus on YOU because the rest of it doesn't matter :D 

Spaz Ranger

BATTLE LOG

You can have results or excuses. Not both

I'm not sure where to begin with a goal to be honest. I'm very angry with myself today, to the point where I had planned on not eating anything. The thought of food makes me want to hide under The sheets and cry. Losing 5 pounds feels impossible, I don't even know where to start to do that and honestly don't think it will happen for me.

Level 1 Khajiit, female, wanna be Ranger or Monk.

Current challenge: http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/76581-nekopowah-episode-3-revenge-of-the-mew/

I'm not sure where to begin with a goal to be honest. I'm very angry with myself today, to the point where I had planned on not eating anything. The thought of food makes me want to hide under The sheets and cry. Losing 5 pounds feels impossible, I don't even know where to start to do that and honestly don't think it will happen for me.

Ok, my suggestion would be to relax first. You're too worked up. Take a deep breath and think "today is going to be good". Take a bath, knit, go play with a pet if you have one- do something that gets you out of bed and thinking in a positive way. 

After you've come down a bit, it's time to do some research. There are TONS of blogs and forums of ladies (and dudes!) who started in a way worse place than you are now. If they did it, then so can you- you are way stronger than you give yourself credit for, just need to take a deep breath and focus on the details for a bit instead of getting overwhelmed at the overall picture. I don't know how much you want to lose, but there's a thread here for women who are losing 100+ lbs- pretty friggin amazing. You can start by posting something about your situation there and asking for advice. These are women who have started and can give fantastic advice on how they went about 'starting' and could be an invaluable support system for you as they likely have felt exactly like you do now at some point in the process. 

Here is the thread. 

Hope this helps, if you want help coming up with some tangible goals after you do some looking and talking with the right people, I'm always here to throw out ideas! We can see what your strengths and weaknesses are along with your likes/dislikes for potential plans, if you want to try and start shifting snacking habits to paleo/keto types of diets or start thinking about using calories and macros on apps like myfitnesspal and get a plan started. Everyone has different preferences so we just have to spend some time thinking on what will stick and more importantly- what you'll love. Remember it's a process and it takes time. Just have to get into a mindset of taking baby steps- they'll eventually carry you a surprisingly long distance. 

• Like 1

Spaz Ranger

BATTLE LOG

You can have results or excuses. Not both