Forums are back in action! ×

Hand and Ankle problems.

I couldn't think of a specific forum for this to be posted in, so off topic seemed best.

I have a couple of big problems with my body...one is my ankles. Whenever I "Sit on my heels" my ankles HURT like I'm breaking something. They hurt when I step at the wrong angle on while walking (angles that have previously given me no trouble at all). As far as I know I can run with minimal pain (around 1/5th the pain as when I'm squatting down). Any suggestions or ideas on how to fix this? It is definitely not a good thing and doing a google search for "ankle strengthening exercises" gave me mixed results.

My other problem is my hands. I work in a restaurant on the grill and we use tongs for almost everything. If I don't get a specific pair of tongs (the ones that need the least amount of push to close) my hands start cramping and hurting and I can't hold onto anything. This has been going on for a few months. For the last 2 weeks my hands have been swollen and hurting when I woke up without having much stress the previous 24 hours. I don't know if it's a strength thing because my hands are relatively strong. Any ideas or suggestions about this?

Thanks in advance for any advice or replies!

-Dark

"I am the greatest, I said that even before I knew I was. I figured that if I said it enough, I would convince the world that I really was the greatest. "- Muhammad Ali

Your hands sound like some kind of inflammation-arthritis or carpal tunnel. I'd try and antiflammatory diet (no wheat, dairy, mmm some other things too check out Rob Wolff's Paleo Solution) And mae sure you're getting enough water

Wisdom 22.5   Dexterity 13   Charisma 15   Strength 21  Constitution-13

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your strength, and with all your mind' Luke 10; 27

Thanks for the responses guys! My ankles may well be tired of carrying my weight. It seems logical. My hands on the other hand I don't know why it would be an inflammatory thing (food based anyways) since my diet hasn't changed in the last couple months. I did, however buy a lot of paleo foods yesterday and plan on starting that diet again since it worked so well last time I tried it.

"I am the greatest, I said that even before I knew I was. I figured that if I said it enough, I would convince the world that I really was the greatest. "- Muhammad Ali