Forums are back in action! ×

A journey, continued....

A little bit about me and the journey I started on in January.....

I have been overweight, well pretty much since I was born ( I was a big baby!). Like every other heavy person, I have tried all of the fad "diets" and would loose weight, only to gain it back plus more. About 2 years ago, my sister who has always been over weight like me, lost almost 100lbs. That's when I finally said enough is enough. She proved to me that the impossible is possible and that I can do this too!! I am ready to get this weight off and move on to the rest of my life. I want to, not only be a healthy weight, but to "be" healthy. I want someone to look at me and think, "she cares about her health". I want to hike mountains, run marathons and never feel held back by my body!!!!!! I'm tired of saying I can't do something, I can't fit those clothes, I can't go to that party...because of my body. I'm done, no more autopilot, I am taking back control of myself!! So I decided to bite the financial bullet (you would be amazed at where you can find extra money in your budget if its something that you truly want to do) and hired a trainer at the gym I belong to and have been working out with him for almost a year now. As of today I have lost 90lbs, around 35 total inches and 10% body fat. I still have about 60lbs to lose but there is no question in my mind that I will reach this goal. There are so many things my new body can do; REAL push-ups, assisted pull-ups, squat and dead-lift my body weight, RUN a 5k!! The weight loss is very exciting but I am most proud of my fitness accomplishments and I can't wait to see what the future holds! :)[ATTACH=CONFIG]1061[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]1062[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]1061[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]1062[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]1063[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]1064[/ATTACH]

post-3684-13567243195387_thumb.jpg

post-3684-13567243195591_thumb.jpg

"In order to succeed, your desire for success must be greater than your fear of failure."

Truly impressive!!! It is amazing to find out what you can do when you give yourself a chance. Keep going and glad you're here!

~Miranda (aka Farax K)

Stars hide your fires for these here are my desires
And I won't give them up to you this time around
And so I'll be found with my stake stuck in the ground
Marking the territory of this newly impassioned soul ~ Mumford and Sons