Forums are back in action! ×

Shields down; hull cracking

WARNING: VENT PIECE

Okay so the last 3 weeks have been super stressful. Between school, work, driving, and other important things (read: sleep), I only have 35 hrs to eat, do homework, and attempt to breath. 

My main source of stress has been a group project. My group partner, did almost nothing, I’m not joking. She did 3 items, and I had to go rework them. Getting the material out of her was harder than trying to get congress to agree.  Then she won’t show up for us to practice our project, which is THIS (April 9th) Thursday. 

My second source of stress is my job, I work as a sales associate and can’t take it anymore. I’m the type of person who needs a challenge, my job doesn’t challenge me. Also, (at the risk of sounding very arrogant, so feel free to call me out) I can’t stand stupid people. I understand that this can have a broad range of meanings, I’m referring specifically, people who do not think for themselves. They believe everything they are told, without research. (This is in violation of rule #3a, thank you Agent Gibbs) Unfortunately, one of my coworkers (who I work with regularly) does this regularly, then spouts them off as gospel. Walk away many sane people would suggest, I do he follows me. Furthermore, this individual has a habit of filing complaints against people they feel has wronged them. I was raised to value intelligence and kindness, (the concept of the strong lift up the weak) so I’m not incline to tell them off. But I’ve come awfully close. 

I feel like I’m caught in a riptide, (and anyone whose been caught in a riptide, knows exactly what I’m talking about) and I can’t get out. Every time I try to get out, I’m pulled back under. I can’t breath, I’ve lost my ability to care about much of anything. It requires too much energy. I haven’t done anything social (short of church) in 3 weeks. On top of all this, I have finals in 3 weeks, I’m worried I won’t make without losing my temper and snapping at someone. I always feel on edge, on the verge of going all Sherlock on someone stupid…..

I warned you about the long vent, I’m sure I’m just stressing and overreacting. I know in my head long term it’ll be fine, but right now it feels like my world will collapse in on me.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Don't think I'm helpless, just because I'm soft and cuddly! ~ Natasha Romanoff

My past is my own ~ Natasha Romanoff

I'm my own woman -- first, , last -- and always! ~ You get the idea, Black Widow is basically my role model....

Thank you so much! Afterwards someone told me we did a good job and I feel much better now that it's over. Plus I learned on Tuesday that I'll be able to transfer out of my area, which has also helped me relax. I feel much lighter now, (if that makes sense), finals are only 3 weeks away now :) 

• Like 1

Don't think I'm helpless, just because I'm soft and cuddly! ~ Natasha Romanoff

My past is my own ~ Natasha Romanoff

I'm my own woman -- first, , last -- and always! ~ You get the idea, Black Widow is basically my role model....