Forums are back in action! ×

Long time rebounder, so happy to have found this!

Heya gang!

I've spent most of my life overweight, and every once in awhile go on a kick, and then get lost in researching the "best" workout plans, and nutrition guides, and etc etc.  It can all be so overwhelming, and I'd often find myself spending more time researching for my health than actually going out and making it happen.

I've recently made a commitment to myself to live better, and have been changing my diet over the last few weeks.  Well, this morning I discovered Nerd Fitness, and suddenly everything made sense!  Took me about an hour of reading around the site until I immediately joined the academy.  Really excited to have found an exercise/lifestyle regimen that will keep me off overwhelming sites like bodybuilding.com or whatever, and have me focused on actually working towards my goals and results.

I just came into the forum as I was doing the "Customize your batcave quest".  If anyone has some recommendations to some great threads to start with, I'd really appreciate it.  Looks to be a ton of content!

Thanks ^_^

-Matt

Go check out the challenge threads and start putting one together- they start on April 13th so you have a few days to put one together, it could be a great way to jump start your fitness/health lifestyle revamp :D 

Also, don't get hung up on 'the best' option- think about where you could be if you'd just stuck with a couple mediocre habits! So instead of the all or nothing, just remember, slow gradual changes are the best. Things you can sustain and live with on a daily basis. 

Spaz Ranger

BATTLE LOG

You can have results or excuses. Not both

Hey, thanks!  This looks great.  I had already established some goals for the next few weeks through Academy stuff, but having a 6 week program with other folks will hold me accountable to more than just myself!

And yes, agreed on "the best".  I'm just a little bit over-analytical at times, and need to "think less, do more"!, so to speak.  45 minute hike up a mountain this morning was a good start =D.

• Like 1

Hey, thanks!  This looks great.  I had already established some goals for the next few weeks through Academy stuff, but having a 6 week program with other folks will hold me accountable to more than just myself!

And yes, agreed on "the best".  I'm just a little bit over-analytical at times, and need to "think less, do more"!, so to speak.  45 minute hike up a mountain this morning was a good start =D.

That's an AWESOME start! 

I was the same way- I couldn't afford a membership to a top of the line gym so why bother going to the free one in my building? I can't really afford going for fresh groceries so I'm going to keep eating pasta.....those were my excuses. When I crunched the numbers, I figured out that fresh groceries were a lot cheaper than my packaged food diet and that it tasted better- and that 'top of the line gym'.....well they have 'specials' on a monthly basis, I just never bothered looking. 

There are always excuses and reasons not to do things if you look hard enough, glad you're revving up and ignoring them now :D 

Spaz Ranger

BATTLE LOG

You can have results or excuses. Not both