Forums are back in action! ×

Any room for another geekette?

Howdy!

I'm a 30-something So Cal geekette gettin' healthy.

So far, in 14 months I've lost 17 pounds. Slow and steady I go, but I've got more than just weight loss goals. Working to improve my running time and also wanting to see more muscle definition and inches lost.

I'm up for challenges and ready to be installed as one of the newest nerd members!

Kekibird

Welcome to the conversation. Looking fwd to hearing what's worked for you in the past 14 months.

Thanks!

Best thing for me was to just keep coming back. Coming back to my routines and my workouts and my fitness sites (www.myfitnesspal.com). As long as I made my way back even after falling off the wagon, I knew I'd make it through.

welcome to the forum! congrats on the loss - slow and steady means you've keep it off forever...because you've developed habits that you can live with. i'm with you on working on running :)

Agreed! I just chatted with my sister about our race schedule for 2012. Planning to start with an annual 5k, then a mud run and followed by two 10ks. Three of the races I did this year and I'm looking to beat my times in 2012!

Always room for more! Welcome :) I'm debating whether or not to start running. I really cant stand it, thats why the strength training appeals to me I guess. Congrats on the weight loss...keep it up!!

Thanks! Yeah, not a huge running fan either. I like to have it as an option because it's a workout I can gauge and see how far I've gone and how much time it took. Super easy to compare and see my improvements. And because I'm not a huge fan, when I'm done I'm like "TAKE THAT!" and I appreciate my success even more.

i just said the other day that i like saying i went for a run more than i actually like going for a run. finally got to 2 miles straight the other day so i think my next step may be to sign up for a 5k. diva, if you're like me, i never liked running because it never felt very good on my body - like my organs were being jostled and such. i've found that the more i do it, the more it feels normal. and the more i look at my legs and am like "wtf - i can't believe i'm doing this!"