Forums are back in action! ×

Hey there all - Just joined here after coming upon a thread when I was doing a search on workout info.

I live in Seattle and started working out seriously about 6 months ago, and haven't looked back since. Started out with P90X and have been doing a mixture of stuff on my own since then and am always looking for tips and ideas for how to expand the range of workouts I do. So, looking forward to sharing some ideas and learning from you all.

One area that I still really haven't settled on is diet. I heat pretty healthily overall, but I am not on a specific regimen, and I also like to get my booze on regularly. I have lost about 15 lbs since I started working out and put on a lot of muscle mass, but I still am not as lean as I would ideally like to be. So, I'll look forward to checking out what diets you guys are on and what has/hasn't worked.

Hope there's room for another fitness nerd, and I'm looking forward to learning from you guys!

Someone told me this week that there's less room in here since my big mouth and head keeps growing (more accurately "swelling") in this forum, but if you're not too tall, it should be ok. Glad to see you here and look fwd to hearing what's worked for you.

i don't care what u think of me. unless u think i'm awesome. in which case u're right.

Intro - Workout Log - ABS Log - Fitness Philosophy - Accountability - NERDEE - Weight Maintenance

ETF, you make me laugh :)

people have said the same thing about my big ass...or at least i've said that. lol. i told my bf last night (after he took his belt off and his pants were sagging) that there is a quota on ass in this relationship and he only gets like 15% of it. le sigh. but i kid.

anywho, welcome to the community! personally i'm a big fan of tracking what you eat to start off...to get a baseline and see where you are...your strengths and weaknesses. alot of people around here do a paleo kind of thing. while i haven't gotten that hardcore, i've definitely tried to cut the carb consumption and up the protein. congrats on your progress so far - glad you're here!

My diet consists of seeing bacon, then eating it. I kid only a bit.

Protein, veg, and fruits. Minimal grains/processed foods will get you there. And also lifting heavy stuff and moving it around will help too. Consuming alcohol is fine just don't drink an 18 pack every weekend. :)

"Pull the bar like you're ripping the head off a god-damned lion" - Donny Shankle