Forums are back in action! ×

sick & tired of being Sick And Tired!

I have been sick easily and often, like monthly, with some sort of cold or flu or whatever seems to be going around the office or the kids schools. I have gone from diet to diet, and lack anything that resembles self-discipline. And like the original Knight Rider (David Hasselhoff) I've gone from slender and slightly athletic to being the poster child of high fat/high carb eating (they know me by the name at bakery and at least once mentioned that my regularity of eating breakfast there isn't healthy).

This is not who I am supposed to be. I'm supposed to be more like the slightly chiseled 2008 Knight Rider (Justin Bruening).

I've been reading NF for a few months and in doing so knocked off 15 pounds by cleaning up my diet and completing a Warrior Dash with the missus. It rocked! I want more!

Moreso, I want to get my Sam Fisher on, I think my family deserves to have me level up to the Chaos Theory edition but for now I'm just going for the basic 3 lessons of Splinter Cell:

1) Learn how to understand your surroundings.

2) Take your time.

3) Be smart.

Specifically, rather than overdoing it with weights and running so hard I get wickedly bad shin splints, I am going to focus on

1) taking my time to ensure I have the right form with weights.

2) being smart by drinking 100oz of water per day (I weight 210)

3) and sleeping 8 hours a night (I'm 40 and get really tired)

4) and eating Paleo more seriously (which works well for me when I actually do it)

5) and enjoying all the cool things that make that dude a great Ranger such as kickboxing, swimming, etc.

So glad I'm here, I look forward to working together!

Keep your scanners peeled!

Knight Rider

My Fitness Pal

Dude, I feel your pain, awesome to hear your comeback starting so awesomely.

How'd you find the warrior dash? There's one here in Sydney in three months, and depending on what my doctor says, I'm interested to see if I can get myself ready for it.

Oh, man, my buddy told me about it after I complained about hitting 225lbs and being on all kind of meds and whining that I need a goal. He simply said "oh you and I should do a Warrior Dash!" We went to the one in Michigan USA in August of this year and had a great time until he slipped and fell and destroyed his ankle. His doctor told him he would never walk again, but Tuesday (5 days ago) he walked into the office with no crutches! Whoa! So, I am running one a again in July at the latest. This time I want to run it quickly and with agility. Last time I was down to 210lbs but struggled with endurance. I'll be following your progress E, you got a cool project!

Knight Rider

My Fitness Pal

Good song, good song.

Cross Canadian Ragweed - Sick and Tired.

Excellent way to start out man. Huge mistakes are always made when rushing through weights and new routines. Let us know how we can help!

Thanks! Never heard of that song, after you posted this I've been listening to it lots! Rockin!

Knight Rider

My Fitness Pal

Wow, awesome plan knightrider! Let us know if you need any help/advice/whatever. It's crazy how true it is that most of fitness is diet and how just cleaning it up can make a person feel so much better! Good luck. Look forward to seeing you around the forums!

Thanks Dio! I need to be on the forums, I feel better aligned when I read through the posting here! "like a rainbow in the dark"

Knight Rider

My Fitness Pal