Forums are back in action! ×

Greetings from Kansas! Just checking in and saying hello as a new member. I have just loaded up my six week challenge and I hope I am an active member.

A little about myself I am 37 years old husband and father of two. Gamed all my life mostly table top and LARP but also the occasional video game.  Currently I work in insurance at a office and all in all my life is very sedentary. Combine that with bad eating habits and a very long lazy streak and of course I fit the mold of the overweight gamer. The last two years I was working out and lifting weights. I was not keeping any any real goals just continuing to progress steadily. Unfortunately just before Gencon last year I hurt my lower back while dead lifting (totally my fault). This combined with the trip and I just never lifted again. Fast forward to two weeks ago I got on a scale for amusement more then anything else and discovered that I went from 219 to 250 pounds in less than a year. Uh wow ok broken scale maybe? But alas no it was a broken appetite since I did not adjust my eating to fit my new life of doing nothing.

So two weeks ago I switched myself to a low carb diet similar to Atkins induction and I started to work out once a week. This week I have begun to add certain types of carbs back into my diet and am increasing my workouts to two a week. My goal which I outlined in my Challenge will  be to get to a three day a week workout plan with a controlled carb diet. 

Anyway there you go that is the start for me here and I will try to be as active as possible so that fitness stays at the forefront of my brain. If I let it slip most likely so will my fitness and that would mean starting all over again which sucks.

Crawdadr an old orc

• Like 1

Welcome!! 

Sounds like you have a good grasp of what works for you, like others here you just fell off the wagon for a little bit. You'll find people who have been in the same boat here and tons of support. 

Just takes a few weeks to make lifting a habit again, you can totally do this!

Spaz Ranger

BATTLE LOG

You can have results or excuses. Not both