Forums are back in action! ×

G'day from Downunder

Hi all, I will try and limit the cliches...

I am Rooie and I hail from the outback in Western Australia. I don't know if there are many Aussies on the forum, but being a life long nerd I felt NF was the best place for me to look to connect with my level up goals regardless of location.

So how much information is too much?

I am a 34 year old bloke. A husband for 14 years to a top notch sheila,  father of 2 grommits and soon to be teacher. I trained as an environmental scientist but recently signed up for a graduate course to become a primary school (elementary) teacher to better serve my local community.

One my 34th birthday in January i stepped on a scale for the first time in ages and was 105kg (231 pounds) STREWTH!. At 5 foot 9 this is in the 'fatter than a heifer ready to drop' catagory and given when i got married i was about 75kg, i thought it was time to act as i had packed on more pork than my pet pigs. I have never been a massive eater, not big on lamingtons or Fosters, but LOVE Coke. Orginial, suger loaded COKE. I reckon i was drinking about 2 litres a day (half a gallon) because i would always have a glass in hand at home when studying, yelling at the TV, surfing the net etc, during meals etc, and i want to get back to under 80kg ( about 175 pounds).

I am also on a journey to become more stylish and boost my self respect by taking more care with appearance and grooming etc. because it creates a great feedback loop where people treat you better which makes you feel better and on and on it goes. A well preened rooster stands out in the outback, but you have to do it in a way that doesn't make you look like a soft city slicker but just a well dressed country fella who takes a little extra care so the sheilas have something decent to gander at.

anyway.....my goal here is to get down to 80kg (175 pounds) and to do some training to help my bad lower back as I have 2 bulging discs i got falling down a mountain when i was 18, but that is another story, and i normally only tell it when someone shouts me a beer.

I will read up on the 6 week challenge and i think sign up to get cracking.

oh, and if folks would prefer i can include more australian cliches in future posts...i took it easy on you to make for a quicker translation....or not. i dont even understand half of what i just wrote...

• Like 1

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Attempting to be the kind of man I would want my daughters to marry....

Weight goal 79kg from 105kg

50%
50%

Trouser size goal 30i from 40i

40%
40%

Recruit Challenge

Battle Log (sporadic updates at present)

Introduction

I'm a new member as well! I don't know enough to give advice on exercising yet but I can tell you that you can do it!

You are so correct about your self confidence levels rising when you start taking care of yourself in all aspects, nice, clean styles and grooming do help you overcome leaps and bounds! Good luck on your goals!

• Like 1

You've got a lekker style there man.

Not sure I understand it though.

Good luck at this.

i had to look 'lekker' up!

thanks and all the best.

_____________________________________________________________________________________

50%
50%

40%
40%

Recruit Challenge

Introduction

I'm a new member as well! I don't know enough to give advice on exercising yet but I can tell you that you can do it!

You are so correct about your self confidence levels rising when you start taking care of yourself in all aspects, nice, clean styles and grooming do help you overcome leaps and bounds! Good luck on your goals!

thanks mate, all the best with your progress too!

50%
50%

40%
40%

Recruit Challenge

Introduction

You might be the most Australian person I've ever read. Bonzer first post, mate!

i *may* have put it on a bit thicker than usual.

but my mates do call me Roo, and i am a farmer. if the current government keeps bowing down to copyright holders and changing our laws i may also soon be a convict....and yes i do have to kill deadly snakes and spiders regularly, but i have not wrestled a croc or shark. maybe that can be a mini quest?

thanks for your post though and good luck with your goals!

50%
50%

40%
40%

Recruit Challenge

Introduction