Forums are back in action! ×

Well, Here I Am...

Hey everyone,

Found this site a couple months ago and just now deciding to poke around the Forums. I've always been really thin, and just starting to work on correcting that about a year ago. I mostly do bodyweight and some Kettlebell stuff, as I don't like gyms. So far, I've only gone from 135 to 142 (at a height of 6'1"), and kinda stalled out there over the past 5 months. I don't really think gains are going to get any faster though, seeing as how I'm now helping some of my friends lose weight (which means quite a bit more running than ideal). Right now my goals are just to do 1-2 more reps per set than I did the last time I worked out, although I'm always looking for more challenging exercises to vary up what I do.

If you're running a bunch to support your friends (which is awesome) that means you get to eat more! Good stuff of course. With running you won't have optimal muscle gains but you can definitely do it. Have you considered GOMAD (gallon of milk a day)? That will gain you some fat too but I would think that the running could help abate some of that. Don't take my word too closely on that though because I'm just getting started myself but that's a pretty simple way to get lots of calories.

What also may help is to have a goal of slightly more weight each time instead of more reps.

Disclaimer: I have no personal experience with GOMAD.

The Tin Man: Cyborg Ranger

Tin Man's Out of Date Epic Quest

I am what I do.

I did find out about GOMAD recently. Unfortunately, me being stuck away from a refrigerator for most of the day while I'm at college hasn't allowed me to try it out. I'll see if I can work something out at my job in December to let me do it. We don't actually have an employee fridge, but I might be able to stash it in the dairy cooler without them thinking it's bad and throwing it out.

I'll see about picking up a weighted vest for bodyweight stuff as well, but I can't really afford to get a bunch of heavier kettlebells right now.