Forums are back in action! ×

I'm Ashley, 28 years old, 5'5" and 141lbs.

I used to workout and weighed around 125lbs but ended up hurting my back, losing my job and getting real lazy so I gained a bunch of weight. Currently trying to get myself back down to somewhere in the 120's and get STRONGER. I'm not worried about the number of pounds lost so much as the strength gained and inches round the middle lost. I never did the big three lifts before this years training. 

My cardio could use a lot of work it's my most hated training exercise but something I want to be better at. I'm going to start training to run 5K in 30mins. Currently it takes me about 10 mins for 1 mile which I'd like to eventually be 8mins. 

Strength goals 2015

Squat    150lbs - current 95

Bench   100lbs - current 75

Deadlift 185lbs - current 145

I try to train at least 4 days a week.

I'd love to get back into martial arts but it's hard to find a training facility that isn't a Mcdojo that only cares about your money, charges you an arm and a leg and passes out belts for trying your best instead of deserving it. 

My diet is my biggest downfall. I love food, cooking, baking, eating is my favorite. I'm a bit of a food nerd/snob. Pre planned weekly meals get boring for me fast. I'd say it's the #1 reason I'm not losing the weight I want. 

Why am I on NerdFitness?

I'm a huge Sci-Fi Fantasy fan. Love reading, video games, comics. 

If I had a training program to follow it would be "how to train to be Batgirl" that would be badass. 

I'm looking for new things to do at the gym change up my routine and chat with people about fitness

Hi Ashley!  Welcome!

It's nice to see other females that like powerlifting too  :D

I'm actually signed up to run a 5k in June! 

I'm looking for new things to do at the gym change up my routine and chat with people about fitness

We should totally be fitness-chatting buddies if you're up for it!

• Like 1

"Clear your mind of can’t." -Samuel Johnson

"Life has two rules: #1 Never quit and #2 Always remember rule #1." -Unknown

If I had a training program to follow it would be "how to train to be Batgirl" that would be badass. 

I feel like you might like this Youtube channel:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC7Ti6KlPtUYq1xAGDRQpCVw

Long Term Goals:                                                                                                              

Spoiler

200# 245# Snatch                                                                                                             

300# Clean and Jerk                                                                                                         

380# 465# Back Squat

450# 500# Deadlift

Planche

Human Flag

Front Lever

285# Log Clean and Press

1k Row under 3:20

Back Flip

Bodyweight Turkish Get-up

For physical training is of some value, but godliness has value for all things, holding promise for the present life and the life to come. 1 Timothy 4:8

Never compromise.