Forums are back in action! ×

Atlanta, GA, checking in

Any other Atlantans out here? I could use a work out buddy. Even some online motivation. I hear this is a good place for that. Goals are to get in shape and eat right. Could use a little accountability about what I eat and working out.

I've got a workout routine, just have to stick to it. As for eating right, I know what I'm supposed to eat, and I sometimes read through the recipes, in the end I end up getting lazy and running down the street to pick up something fast... Not good.

Anything else I need to put in here? Also, where can I go help motivate others? Give back some. I haven't really explored the forums yet, that's next.

Good to be here!

welcome fellow atlantan! supposedly there are alot of us floating around but, thus far, i've only "met" one other. shoot me a private message if you want to get together and get our sweat on :) (i'm in midtown). glad you're here!

Done. About to start working out at Colony Square Athletic Club, probably this week. Let me know if you want to join! Would definitely love the company.

Welcome to the forums. What will you be doing for a workout routine? If you're looking to cheer on others, I suggest heading over to either the most current 6 week challenge or to the workout battle logs area. I'll be looking for a thread from you in the future and look forward to doing the same.

Thread coming soon. I'd like to do something similar to what Steve has been talking about, no machines, work on my balance. If anybody has suggestions, I'm all ears!

Thinking of starting out doing a five minute run, 50 sit ups, as many pull ups as I can do (may have to find one of the assist machines), 40 push ups and 70 jumping jacks. Work those numbers up to a ten minute run, alternating speeds, and try to work up to 100 of each exercise. Try being the key word there.

My biggest hurdle is going to be eating right...