Forums are back in action! ×

Hello all,

My name is Carlos Diamond. I am a 28 year old super senior at BYU in Provo, UT. Keeping it short, I have been overweight since about 8 or 9 years old. I was born with a double hernia and they did not find it until I was about 10. I had surgery and had no complications, however, I was in a lot of pain anytime I did any kind of running (which kids tend to a lot) so I learned that anytime you sweat you will be in pain, therefore don't do anything that makes you sweat. I struggled with weight through jr. high and high school. I served a religious mission for my church for 2 years in Michigan and during that time actually lost about 80lbs. I went from 330 to about 250lbs by being constantly active all day. Unfortunately, when I returned home I started gaining the weight back I got back up to the low 300's for a few years and then had some hardships in my family and my life that caused me to spiral out of control. During that time I got up 390 to 400lbs. I was very depressed and went through all the things that came with that. I had gone through every diet and workout routine throughout my life, but I still would not give up. I wanted to feel healthy and strong at least one point in my life. 

In the summer of 2013 after watching Man of Steel. I had an epiphany, Henry Cavil was able to get that Superman body, why can't I? It was a very simple question, but having answered it with "I can," I started making some changes. Another inspiration at that same time was ShayCarl from the ShayTards a youtuber. He was doing a "Shaytober" challenge so I decided to start videoing my weight loss journey. I am now at 295lbs and have actually made life changes to get here.

I wish I had found this group sooner as I am a pretty big nerd and I am in love with becoming healthy. I also have done most of my recent weight loss (70- 80lbs) through Paleo, which it looks like is championed here. My goal, as my namesake eludes to, is to "Become Superman." Meaning I eventually will have a Superman like body and have impact in the world like Superman.

My specific long term goals are:

- 9% body fat or lower

- Complete an iron man without stopping

- Be mistaken for the real superman with my authentic custom made costume. (Haha, I love that I can share this with all of you)

I have sort of plateaued in the weight loss department, but that is primarily due to my lack of exercise. Diet is still going strong and 100% on paleo. Exercise has always been the hardest part for me so any suggestions on making exercise consistent in my life would be awesome. 

I look forward to the camaraderie and success here with all of you.

Thanks! 

P.S

I am a hardcore geek for anything Marvel, DC, Star Wars, Brandon Sanderson, Legend of Zelda, and Anime. I like most other things too, those are just my favs. 

P.S.S

I have been videoing my weight loss journey every day since October 2013. If you are interested or have any advice I loved to hear it. https://www.youtube.com/user/CarlosDiamondTV

P.S.S.S

I  always say "keeping it short" Thankfully that term is relative right.... XD

P.S.S.S etc

Oh ya the title of my post... I feel like really entering into the fitness communities is almost like a religion. There are many solid do's and don'ts, tenets to live by, different sects and groups with fervent believers, and "books of scripture" and leaders people follow. I think its just human nature to do things this way, but I am on board. :)

Welcome, Carlos! Congratulations on the progress you've made so far!

What sort of fitness programs are you interested in?

Long Term Goals:                                                                                                              

Spoiler

200# 245# Snatch                                                                                                             

300# Clean and Jerk                                                                                                         

380# 465# Back Squat

450# 500# Deadlift

Planche

Human Flag

Front Lever

285# Log Clean and Press

1k Row under 3:20

Back Flip

Bodyweight Turkish Get-up

For physical training is of some value, but godliness has value for all things, holding promise for the present life and the life to come. 1 Timothy 4:8

Never compromise.